• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone ringing off the hook this morning! Nothing concrete but better than the silence of the last 2 weeks. Been put forward for 4 roles and it's not even lunchtime.
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 2 September 2019, 11:14.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Phone ringing off the hook this morning! Nothing concrete but better than the silence of the last 2 weeks. Been put forward for 4 roles and it's not even lunchtime.
      Glad to hear it is not all gloom and doom, good luck!
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Send a few of them my way please.

Comment

Unreal. Phone call this am about a role I had a vague chat with ClientCo about (no way was it an interview) a couple of weeks ago. Had completely forgot about it tbh.

Lo and behold BOOMED I believe is the official term from memory...

Good luck to you all it sometimes come out of nowhere
          Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Had a couple of tickles today. September starting well.

Comment

Things are definitely picking up.

Had an interview today and have been told they are looking to make an offer :-) which is good news but not going to hold my breath until i see a contract. Recruiters not always the most trustworthy lol.

Have another interview request come through. Market seem to be be picking up for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by globalBA View Post
                Had an interview today and have been told they are looking to make an offer :-) which is good news but not going to hold my breath until i see a contract. Recruiters not always the most trustworthy lol.

Have another interview request come through. Market seem to be be picking up for sure.
                Don't let up until you're sat at the desk and have a months work ahead of you
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Don't let up until you're sat at the desk and have a months work ahead of you
                  you're totally right :-)

Comment

it’s a bit like first week in January, lots of energy spent by agents time wasting. Good luck though i hope you nail a role in the next few weeks

Comment

Permie market is picking up after the summer holidays.

Contract market still as dead as ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X