• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Still* deader than tank tops

At this rate will consider relocation to literally anywhere for 6 months just so I don't go stir crazy

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
      *Still* deader than tank tops

At this rate will consider relocation to literally anywhere for 6 months just so I don't go stir crazy
      where are you looking?
      I've had another 3 opportunites today in Leeds. But far too busy.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Come to London then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Think I will.

Do you have any advice for getting on the spam list of all the recruiters in a place you're not situated?

Every recruiter that phones me at the moment is one from my area, the south west. A few have roles in London but most don't. I can call the odd agency I see on jobserve but I wondered if there's some way to get my CV to all the tiny agencies that can then harass me...

Comment

Think I will.

Do you have any advice for getting on the spam list of all the recruiters in a place you're not situated?

Every recruiter that phones me at the moment is one from my area, the south west. A few have roles in London but most don't. I can call the odd agency I see on jobserve but I wondered if there's some way to get my CV to all the tiny agencies that can then harass me...
            Upload your CV to TotalJobs and Indeed, keep location agnostic. Job done.

It seems to have really picked up in the last couple of weeks - was interrupted four times at lunch on Friday, one with an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              Anyone else finding it very quiet out there? This is the quietest I remember it for the last 6 years. I finished my last contract at the end of April and now going back to an old client, but if that work wasn't there I'd be struggling to get a sniff of anything. Feels like some lean times are on the horizon.

I'm in Infrastructure/Cloud for what it's worth.
              Fully agree my current contract will finish end of next week, i am getting no calls for new roles scarey!

Comment

Nothing for months and then multiple offers on the same *day*.

Two very pissed off pimps who got turned down at the 11th hour.

Got me a job with an unpleasant commute but it was sorely needed at this stage.

Comment

Good to hear its turned around for you. Time can be hard on the bench for many different reasons.

Comment

I've not been getting many calls, but then again when I have been I've been batting people away because I am booked until October.

I am an engineer who can architect (rather than the other way around!) and focused on migrations, mostly toward Cloud. Seems to be a pretty busy area at the moment. My contacts at Avanade are saying they are really struggling to get good talent through at the moment and that currently, its a buyers market. Either people on here aren't looking in the right places, or agents aren't connecting the right people with the right opportunity!

Comment

Nothing for months and then multiple offers on the same *day*.

Two very pissed off pimps who got turned down at the 11th hour.

Got me a job with an unpleasant commute but it was sorely needed at this stage.
                      Always the way!

Well done though.

Comment

Working...
                      X