• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the bench in 4 weeks for first time in over a year.

So far just endless nuisance calls from Indian recruiters since uploading my cv to Jobserve on Tuesday.

It's like playing whack a mole.

Comment

Been looking for 3 months and it's a hardest benchtime I ever had.

Normally I would get 3 interviews per week, now it's about 1 per 2 weeks. Recruiters stopped calling me, they still send e-mails though.

I am still able to pay my bills, but I will have to move to my parents if this persists.

Comment

Does ye olde trick of reuploading your CV every Tuesday morning still trick recruiters into thinking there's fresh meat on the market? A couple of people I know swear it works but I'm yet to be convinced.

Comment

Interview question of the week

"What are some of your favourite unix commands?"

Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Does ye olde trick of reuploading your CV every Tuesday morning still trick recruiters into thinking there's fresh meat on the market? A couple of people I know swear it works but I'm yet to be convinced.
            Why would people want to work in summer time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              "What are some of your favourite unix commands?"

Seriously.
              Almost as bad as "what's your favourite Excel formula"

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Why would people want to work in summer time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Exactly. I finish on July 12 & I'm happy to stay out until at least September so I've been giving the agents the bums rush.

Hope I don't regret that later

Comment

I have a couple of contract opportunities in the world's slowest race to come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    Exactly. I finish on July 12 & I'm happy to stay out until at least September so I've been giving the agents the bums rush.

Hope I don't regret that later
                    This was my concern, I fancied the summer off but I have a feeling this is the wrong year to do it, the news link from last week about the quietest May in 7 years said a lot.

April was just a blip and we move into wait and see mode for projects while they figure out what is happening with EU exit leading up to October.

Looking very, very quiet on the job boards in my area right now.

Comment

London seems as good as ever, just left a contract a few weeks early for another (better work and better rate). Option to go back to the previous after the new gig is over!

Those who are finding quiet, what location and role are you looking for?

Comment

Working...
                      X