• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contractor101101 View Post
    I am not British. I presume the billionaire Indians you are referring to have had the benefit of the caste system and centuries of thieving - just like the upper classes in Europe.

The space program you are referring to is the laughing stock of the world. Compare what they sent up to space to what NASA or the Brits sent. Though I agree with you that the Indian public sector is a strong employer. A former colleague of mine who is from Mumbai told me that her husband's job in one of the Ministries was very sought after, I can well believe it. The public sector is seen as a good, reliable, steady employer in the developing world.

I worked within an Indian team at a large Oil company, I worked with them at a large mobile company and I also had a relationship wtih a Kenyan Indian guy. The team manager I worked with at the oil company would keep his staff working past midnight. He tried something similar with me but I gave him the middle finger. One of the Indian women at the mobile company made racist remarks to my boss who was black, I made a formal complaint it was upheld.

I trained Indian guys in my last permie role to take over some of my responsibilities before I left and that's when my ex and I discussed the education system, the concept of 'copying', rote learning because the guys I was training had a hard time applying concepts I was trying to teach them. They were simple concepts but had taken them months that others learned in days. I was training them because everyone else gave up on them in the company.

I worked with an Indian guy in my last contract in the team who had trouble learning anything new and functioning independently, outside a team, he repeatedly tried to bully me into helping him. I presume he thought he would succeed because I am a woman. Luckily for me, I managed to hand him enough rope to have him hang himself and he got fired.

I have extensive experience of the culture both in the work environment and privately. The caste system exists, the discrepancies in education exist, dishonesty and faking exist and those capable of being honest with themselves admit to it.

I can speak about it more freely in the work place and complain because I'm a woman so my caucasian background isn't a disadvantage here.
    More BS. You are considering yourself India expert because you have some interactions with some Indians at some places, that is really funny. Britain doesn't have money to have a space department, Britain doesn't have a space agency, Britain gave that up in 1960s. Nowadays British satellites go to space in Indian rockets, you have no idea how silly it sounds? It really is...

India's space agency is world's first space agency had sent a spacecraft to Mars on first attempt. No other countries was successful in first attempt including NASA. You are not talking with your ex in internet that you can get through telling BS. The Indian billionaires who own Jaguar and other large British brands, they are Zoorastians, they are not Hindus, there is no caste among Zoorastians. Stop talking B's and your personal prejudices...
    You sound very ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by molsang View Post
      More BS. You are considering yourself India expert because you have some interactions with some Indians at some places, that is really funny. Britain doesn't have money to have a space department, Britain doesn't have a space agency, Britain gave that up in 1960s. Nowadays British satellites go to space in Indian rockets, you have no idea how silly it sounds? It really is...

India's space agency is world's first space agency had sent a spacecraft to Mars on first attempt. No other countries was successful in first attempt including NASA. You are not talking with your ex in internet that you can get through telling BS. The Indian billionaires who own Jaguar and other large British brands, they are Zoorastians, they are not Hindus, there is no caste among Zoorastians. Stop talking B's and your personal prejudices...
      You sound very ignorant
      UK Space Agency - GOV.UK

The UK has some of the most sophisticated satellite systems in the world, and it has its own space agency. British manufacturing is small but it is well developed and extremely highly skilled. The ignorance is not at my end.

I think you should Google what India sent to space.

Comment

UK Space Agency - GOV.UK

The UK has some of the most sophisticated satellite systems in the world, and it has its own space agency. British manufacturing is small but it is well developed and extremely highly skilled. The ignorance is not at my end.

I think you should Google what India sent to space.
        Indian PSLV launches two British satellites – NASASpaceFlight.com

You shouldn't expose yourself such ignorant stupid in public forum

Comment

Its good that we should be proud of our Birth country but we should be equally proud of our adopted country.We have to agree that no other developed country respects Indian as much as UK does.

Comment

It has been you all along who has resorted to name calling. I have been backing up my views with evidence and personal experience.

I have interest in space and took a course in Astronomy online that had been set up and presented by Prof Mike Brown (@plutokiller on twitter). Part of the course was to discuss all the various space missions and what the different countries had sent up to Mars and Jupiter.

India is new to space exploration and it still has a lot to learn. The probe they sent to Mars does not have the same level of sophistication that other countries with more established astronomy and space experience do. I think that makes perfect sense and stands to reason.

It is bizarre to me that someone should feel so inferior that they would get as defensive as you. I have observed this among Indians many times. You seem to want to compete quite badly but don't seem to know how because you lack the confidence. It is quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
              Its good that we should be proud of our Birth country but we should be equally proud of our adopted country.We have to agree that no other developed country respects Indian as much as UK does.
              I am not demanding respect, I do feel proud of enormous soft power Britain has at world stage. I was just defending with facts of an ignorant stupid idiot's claims how bad India is. However India is reclaiming itself, India is 3rd largest economy in purchasing power parity, 4th strongest and powerful army according to CIA factbook. The fact is UK reduced to an island state and no match of India in this century and centuries ahead and I standby of my decision to return to India permanently. I own 4 houses, half a million Sterling in cash savings and every single penny invested to India's booming economy with guranteed return. I strongly believe that I did a good service for my son to take him out of posh private school, learning nothing, knowing nothing becoming talking head ignorant and put him in Indian School under enormous competition. Let him do well in India, in his generation he will conquer the world.

Comment

It has been you all along who has resorted to name calling. I have been backing up my views with evidence and personal experience.

I have interest in space and took a course in Astronomy online that had been set up and presented by Prof Mike Brown (@plutokiller on twitter). Part of the course was to discuss all the various space missions and what the different countries had sent up to Mars and Jupiter.

India is new to space exploration and it still has a lot to learn. The probe they sent to Mars does not have the same level of sophistication that other countries with more established astronomy and space experience do. I think that makes perfect sense and stands to reason.

It is bizarre to me that someone should feel so inferior that they would get as defensive as you. I have observed this among Indians many times. You seem to want to compete quite badly but don't seem to know how because you lack the confidence. It is quite interesting.

I wish you live longer and see how the world turn itself in next few decades? Rest have fun and peace, hope your BS lasts your life..

Comment

I wish you live longer and see how the world turn itself in next few decades? Rest have fun and peace, hope your BS lasts your life..
                  Oh I get on with Indian people, no problem. I traveled in South Asia quite a lot. The majority of them don't have your attitude problem.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                    Just been offered a 6 month extension in my current Head of IT gig which I’ll accept. Also just been approached for an interim Head of IT Ops for a FTSE 100 company by their HR dept via LinkedIn. So market looks ok to me personally. Peversely I always seem to get more approaches/ opportunities in the supposed quieter months in summer and xmas/new year.

The generally low quality of CVs I’ve recently received for some vacant roles I have suggest that most of the better candidates are not looking again now till the new year.
                    Head Of IT gigs are not affected because the permies are being fired due to outsourcers causing havoc and it’s musical chairs out there atm. See Head Of
                    Infrastructure TSB contract role advert slung out last week.

Most peeps holding out until after 11th December and brexit vote because agencies currently low balling highly skilled contractors.

Comment

Every search I notice a new buzzword that seemingly everyone wants. This time round, it's "ServiceNow"
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X