• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Well, took 12 months but have finally landed a contract.

When you are going through hell, keep going.
    Well done & very best of luck mate hope it all works out.

Comment

Comment

Congratulations SussexSeagull
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          This https://medium.com/@sethmiller_59231...e-38b843bd4fe0 on what is going to happen to oil tells you why financial services aren't going to be impacted by startups - hint the cost savings / benefits aren't there
          A great read, thanks for sharing. I think the topic has been dotted around in various places but the author of that article ties it all together in a very easy to read way.

Comment

Congrats
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Anyone feel things picking up? I don't really get calls because my CV hasn't been reposted for yonks, but my JobServe alerts are looking like their old selves. Reasonable rates, proper job descriptions - feels good.

Comment

Was that literally 12 months with no income?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Anyone feel things picking up? I don't really get calls because my CV hasn't been reposted for yonks, but my JobServe alerts are looking like their old selves. Reasonable rates, proper job descriptions - feels good.
                  Nope not for me lots of fake job ads around or same role being re-advertised & or roles which they have to advertise due to HR rules about must see external candidates etc etc. Real world IT jobs market feels as weak as it has for many years but it all depends what you do if its a niche skillset then there are always roles around for those. Most dev, support & PM\BA roles are oversaturated with suitable candidates but few genuine roles to go around.

Comment

I've seen the same roles re-advertised over a two month period by various recruiters. I doubt these type of roles are real. It's likely more the case the recruitment agents sensing an opportunity to generate a sale back with the client when one doesn't genuinely exist. Safe to ignore these and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Was that literally 12 months with no income?
                      Well had some invoices come in from the last contract so not quite a year. Was getting a but tight.

Comment

Working...
                      X