• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
    I was called today by an agency who said they were submitting on the basis of lowest offers. I really don't want to get into that game. I've recently seen a rash of roles come back on the market because the 'low bidders' haven't been up to the job. That's no reflection on you, Kent, just something I'm seeing in my area.
    The fu..!? The race to the bottom has truely begun in ernest.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      I was called today by an agency who said they were submitting on the basis of lowest offers. I really don't want to get into that game. I've recently seen a rash of roles come back on the market because the 'low bidders' haven't been up to the job. That's no reflection on you, Kent, just something I'm seeing in my area.
      but you recently said there are loads of decent roles on jobserve with good money how can this be I wonder! http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post2420335

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
        but you recently said there are loads of decent roles on jobserve with good money how can this be I wonder! http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post2420335
        Noooo.....I was replying in relation to a very specific area. Read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          The fu..!? The race to the bottom has truely begun in ernest.
          Yep. A mate went for an interview and afterwards the agency got back to her, said the client was interested but wanted her to lower her rate. She told the agency to tell the client her rate had gone up.
          Last edited by Elliegirl; 31 May 2017, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
            What's more, some of the roles on jobserve actually exist and don't just dump your cv back into cwjobs...

Comment

according to the stats, 2017 better rates than 2015 or 2016 just less of them (so far). No doubt election and brexit having an effect on big capital expenditure.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                What's more, some of the roles on jobserve actually exist and don't just dump your cv back into cwjobs...
                I agree all my contracts have been from there but the number of HR policy external candidates required when the role has already gone, fake or duplicate ads is also higher than ever.

Comment

There seem to be squillions more ads on Jobserve than any other site. Case in point - find a very specific search filter, should produce a small number of results (see the numbers next to the filter options) - however if you keep scrolling the jobs just keep appearing.

What insight have jobserve got that jobsite, Monster, CW etc. don't have?

Finding things so quiet that having to do something I swore I'd never do and get back into the "suits, process and depression" world of financial services.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

What insight have jobserve got that jobsite, Monster, CW etc. don't have?
                    None, apart from more 20 year old scroats posting fake adverts.

By all means keep looking but pickings will be slimmer until the election is out of the way, not long to wait though.
                    Last edited by Bluenose; 2 June 2017, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                      None, apart from more 20 year old scroats posting fake adverts.

By all means keep looking but pickings will be slimmer until the election is out of the way, not long to wait though.
                      and a few weeks afterwards.... Just because the election is over doesn't mean things that on hold will instantly start up again...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X