• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Back on the bench. Initial observation is JobServe is not what it used to be.
    I agree. In the past, jobserve was the only resource I'd look at to find contracts. Now there' probably 10% of the roles there used to be.

Nowadays, to find contracts in my industry (UX/UI) LinkedIn is the place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I agree. In the past, jobserve was the only resource I'd look at to find contracts. Now there' probably 10% of the roles there used to be.

Nowadays, to find contracts in my industry (UX/UI) LinkedIn is the place to be.
      Ew, LinkedIn

Feigned employee interest in what their company does and fake connections that go nowhere.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Ew, LinkedIn

Feigned employee interest in what their company does and fake connections that go nowhere.
        never add a unknown contact

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

Do you add people that call you up out of the blue? I don’t ever see what’s in it for me
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I don't completely agree with this. I accept the requests from any agents that add me on LinkedIn and just as fast I get rid of them if I see they've got nothing for me I can benefit from. On the other hand, when someone who's not a recruitment agent adds me and I don't know them, then no I don't accept their request and most likely I block them too. But with agents it's different; I use them...they use me. That's how it works.

Apart from the 3-5 agents I have long term working relationship with, I add tons of agents every time I'm looking for a role, and get rid of them as soon as I've found one.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I don't completely agree with this. I accept the requests from any agents that add me on LinkedIn and just as fast I get rid of them if I see they've got nothing for me I can benefit from. On the other hand, when someone who's not a recruitment agent adds me and I don't know them, then no I don't accept their request and most likely I block them too. But with agents it's different; I use them...they use me. That's how it works.

Apart from the 3-5 agents I have long term working relationship with, I add tons of agents every time I'm looking for a role, and get rid of them as soon as I've found one.
              i only add people i meet in person or interact with in the feed

Comment

i only add people i meet in person or interact with in the feed
                The multiple uses of LinkedIn, I guess.

I use it mainly to find work so adding a peer that I've met at some random event or convention is of no use to me.

Comment

Why put so much effort into your LinkedIn contacts list?

I add 99% of requests and ignore any frivolous messages.

Comment

Currently sat in the best gig I've ever had. Approached by an unknown on LinkedIn.

Comment

Although it's become a Facebook lite for business "look at my wedding" bs zone, LinkedIn is still one of the best places to get gigs imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X