• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Although it's become a Facebook lite for business "look at my wedding" bs zone, LinkedIn is still one of the best places to get gigs imo.
    Indeed

my favourite posts are -

"I've just got a double First from University whilst bedding multiple supermodels, running a million pound business on the side, and driving 15 Ferraris. But I will always remain humble and remember my roots" accompanied by photo of said person with their mother

Comment

I've said many times that most of my work comes via LI. Either my via network or new agent/consultancy contacts.

I am quite picky about who I connect with and do regular culling to get rid of the dross. I also don't let my contacts see my contacts which rather goes against the nature of building a network but I'm more old school in that I'd rather introduce someone personally.

Comment

Second week of searching and absolutely nothing happening and the previously punctual paying agents from my previous contract have gone quiet and not paid my penultimate invoice.

Other than that and impeding recession, everything looking great. Still, nearly Christmas.

Comment

My two year probation period is coming to an end and was seriously considering jumping back into contracting.

Perfect timing, just like when I turned down a renewal two weeks before the first covid lockdown.

Think I'll stay put for 12 months and get some certs.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
            i sold out and took a 6 sig fig salary

Considering doing this myself now with the IR35 flip flop

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

I agree. In the past, jobserve was the only resource I'd look at to find contracts. Now there' probably 10% of the roles there used to be.

Nowadays, to find contracts in my industry (UX/UI) LinkedIn is the place to be.
              Jobserve only had 28 .net contracts a couple of days ago in a 24 hour period and at least half of them where inside gigs in the city

Comment

A few days on the bench, job boards looking quite thin on the ground, expecially compared to this time last year

Comment

This recession will be long and brutal. Jobs and roles dropped to save money, probably a lot of work will be off shored to India for cheapness.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    This recession will be long and brutal. Jobs and roles dropped to save money, probably a lot of work will be off shored to India for cheapness.
                    automation == cost savings
                    cloud optimisation == cost savings
                    license reconciliation == cost savings
                    offshoring != cost savings.... although there is plenty cheapness doing the needful
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Still receiving loads of calls. Although a growing number come up as Potential Spam on my phone.
                      I have a contract but also applying for new ones as mine seems like it will be put on ice soon. Shame as it’s a good rate and still under 3 months into a long contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X