• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Totally different basket of eggs!

One is about breaking the law, the other is about taking advantage of poor legislation.

Two wrongs a right do not make!
    Indeed they don't but some people seem to see creative accounting as ok but the odd tax dodge as wrong. Reality is the whole system is screwed and the rich can afford the creative accounting which means they pay practically no tax.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Why is there no point in reducing your tax bill legitimately?
      There is but I suggest we have spent more time discussing this than the equivalent we could have invoiced our clients for the extra work! If I was on 20,000 a year then every penny helps, luckily I'm a contractor and shouldn't be counting pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        There is but I suggest we have spent more time discussing this than the equivalent we could have invoiced our clients for the extra work! If I was on 20,000 a year then every penny helps, luckily I'm a contractor and shouldn't be counting pennies.
        So don't moan about paying tax, then.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

So don't moan about paying tax, then.
          Tax isn't pennies.... It's in the 1000s.

Reducing 1000s by pennies isn't worth it. Reducing 1000s by 100s or 1000s by 1000s is.

Comment

Reducing 1000s by pennies isn't worth it. Reducing 1000s by 100s or 1000s by 1000s is.
            I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some monents ago:

Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves. Why would you give the tax man more than you have to?
            Reducing your tax bill is ALWAYS worth it, if you can do so via legitimate means. If you want to pay more tax, then great - you do that. However, by doing so you somewhat reduce the credibility of any subsequent "I pay too much tax" argument.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That sort of thinkings ends up with you complaining in HMRC Scheme Enquiries
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well, that's a blinkered attitude.

The reality of our types of business is that we don't have lots of high value expenses, the vast majority are small, but they add up so those of us with sense capture the reasonable and allowable ones.

In the last couple of months my expenses have been in 4 figures per month with a high percentage in the sub £20 bracket.

Comment

Where do you guys recommend to get the flu jab this year?

Not wanting to start again the arguing about this being claimable or not

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
                    Where do you guys recommend to get the flu jab this year?

Not wanting to start again the arguing about this being claimable or not
                    I recommend getting it at the Bardoc walk in centre in Bury. Hope that helps.

Where ever you go give me a shout and I'll come and give you a lift there as well so as not to inconvenience you
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When saving money, I like to think whether the saving is now, accrued over time or a saving to the business - if you saw the money on the street, would you pick it up? If yes, then take the saving. £3 now is the same as £3 in a year or £3 to your ltd.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X