• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
    Where do you guys recommend to get the flu jab this year?

Not wanting to start again the arguing about this being claimable or not
    Boots. £12 now I think - was £10.
    Book appt online - do lunchtime. Take 5 mins but you're supposed to hang around for 10-15 afterwards (just so they know you aint keeled over on street outside!).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Not wanting to start again the arguing about this being claimable or not
      There's no argument to be had - flu jabs are specifically referenced by HMRC as being allowed.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had my jab at the Doctors' couple weeks ago. Cost me nowt and took 30 seconds - literally darted in shoulder and out.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          I had my jab at the Doctors' couple weeks ago. Cost me nowt and took 30 seconds - literally darted in shoulder and out.
          I thought it was free only for population in risk. Even in the GP.

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Protip: Get it done at boots or somewhere reputable.

I got it done in asda once, it was some shifty looking bloke in a grubby side-office, he looked like he was bricking it and watched me with terrified eyes afterwards to see if I would keel over.

I was okay but I never want to experience that again
                Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Yep only certain groups of people is it free for.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                    Protip: Get it done at boots or somewhere reputable.

I got it done in asda once, it was some shifty looking bloke in a grubby side-office, he looked like he was bricking it and watched me with terrified eyes afterwards to see if I would keel over.

I was okay but I never want to experience that again
                    I had it done in boots. Lovely welsh girl (in england). Well nice she was too .

Comment

Working...
                    X