• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Flu jab

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Flu jab"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Protip: Get it done at boots or somewhere reputable.

I got it done in asda once, it was some shifty looking bloke in a grubby side-office, he looked like he was bricking it and watched me with terrified eyes afterwards to see if I would keel over.

I was okay but I never want to experience that again
    I had it done in boots. Lovely welsh girl (in england). Well nice she was too .

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
    I thought it was free only for population in risk. Even in the GP.
    Yep only certain groups of people is it free for.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Protip: Get it done at boots or somewhere reputable.

I got it done in asda once, it was some shifty looking bloke in a grubby side-office, he looked like he was bricking it and watched me with terrified eyes afterwards to see if I would keel over.

I was okay but I never want to experience that again

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AnotherGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I had my jab at the Doctors' couple weeks ago. Cost me nowt and took 30 seconds - literally darted in shoulder and out.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I had my jab at the Doctors' couple weeks ago. Cost me nowt and took 30 seconds - literally darted in shoulder and out.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Not wanting to start again the arguing about this being claimable or not
    There's no argument to be had - flu jabs are specifically referenced by HMRC as being allowed.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Where do you guys recommend to get the flu jab this year?

Boots. £12 now I think - was £10.
    Book appt online - do lunchtime. Take 5 mins but you're supposed to hang around for 10-15 afterwards (just so they know you aint keeled over on street outside!).

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    When saving money, I like to think whether the saving is now, accrued over time or a saving to the business - if you saw the money on the street, would you pick it up? If yes, then take the saving. £3 now is the same as £3 in a year or £3 to your ltd.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

I recommend getting it at the Bardoc walk in centre in Bury. Hope that helps.

Where ever you go give me a shout and I'll come and give you a lift there as well so as not to inconvenience you

Leave a comment:

• AnotherGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Tax isn't pennies.... It's in the 1000s.

Reducing 1000s by pennies isn't worth it. Reducing 1000s by 100s or 1000s by 1000s is.
    Well, that's a blinkered attitude.

The reality of our types of business is that we don't have lots of high value expenses, the vast majority are small, but they add up so those of us with sense capture the reasonable and allowable ones.

In the last couple of months my expenses have been in 4 figures per month with a high percentage in the sub £20 bracket.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Reducing 1000s by pennies isn't worth it. Reducing 1000s by 100s or 1000s by 1000s is.
    That sort of thinkings ends up with you complaining in HMRC Scheme Enquiries

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some monents ago:

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves. Why would you give the tax man more than you have to?
    Reducing your tax bill is ALWAYS worth it, if you can do so via legitimate means. If you want to pay more tax, then great - you do that. However, by doing so you somewhat reduce the credibility of any subsequent "I pay too much tax" argument.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X