• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been delayed entering the EU due to passport stamping? (2nd attempt)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It's the will of the people. Although won't impact Tommy Two Names (while he still has his Irish passport), or most of the Fuhrage family.
    I'm sorry but this is a serious issue. Even smegheads with Irish passports get delayed by being in a queue behind "I've only one passport" British folk. Frankly, they should be banned from travelling abroad at all!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If places, like Mallorca, want to reduce the level of tourism then it's within their powers to make it happen. Obviously they've got an issue with an economy and jobs so dependent on it. They could reduce visitor numbers, maybe without affecting the economy, by moving more upmarket (scaling back the budget end). Or they'd just have to find ways of diversifying away from tourism altogether (not easy).

When we first visited Lanzarote over 25 years ago, the airport was tiny. Over the years it has massively expanded. It was their choice to vastly increase capacity, and encourage mass building of tourist accommodation. If they want to halt further expansion, or even put this into reverse, then that's their prerogative but, given their geographical location, it will be even harder than it would be for Mallorca.
      Last edited by woody1; 28 August 2024, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I'm sorry but this is a serious issue. Even smegheads with Irish passports get delayed by being in a queue behind "I've only one passport" British folk. Frankly, they should be banned from travelling abroad at all!
        I agree - smegheads with Irish passports should be banned!

Comment

Travelled abroad 3x times this year with the family and no major issues

Comment

Looks like it's just the airport in Lanzarote struggling with this.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post
              Looks like it's just the airport in Lanzarote struggling with this.
              They have probably been trained by the people behind T5 baggage handling.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Travelled abroad 3x times this year with the family and no major issues
                Amsterdam airport, a few weeks ago, myself and kids with EU passports were through in 1 minute. Wife, UK passport, 45 minutes, me and the kids went to a cafe and had lunch, my wife just queued.

Comment

There's normally separate queues for non-EU and EU, though some Brits still don't know which one to pick...Typically non-EU takes way longer as extra checks can be carried out, facial scanning (seems random, not every person), stamping etc. If there's a tulip ton of people in the non-EU one, well it just takes longer, so arrive earlier, it's not rocket science.

Comment

Working...
                  X