• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit is utopian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit is utopian

and therefore it can never fail, nor ever succeed.
    any perceived failures are due to "Brexiting insufficiently hard."

discuss
    See You Next Tuesday

No thanks. Can't be a*d.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

but but but true Brexit has never bene tried!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by floppy Lance View Post
        and therefore it can never fail, nor ever succeed.
        any perceived failures are due to "Brexiting insufficiently hard."

discuss
        Lance you can get a blue pill for that...
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
          but but but true Brexit has never bene tried!!!!!!!
          the person who I was discussing this with has communism/USSR as a parallel.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

the person who I was discussing this with has communism/USSR as a parallel to the EU.
            FTFY

Macaroon will be first to the Dacha.

Our post brexit problems are firms complaining there is no more slave labour!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

the person who I was discussing this with has communism/USSR as a parallel.
              The USSR argument is a bit old school, given that the Russians now have something resembling a vote for their leader, which is more than the EU leaders ever have to face. North Korea is allowed as a comparison, as it's a rigged vote, and possibly Afghanistan, as their elections will presumably be similarly rigged.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                ...which is more than the EU leaders ..

Still the same old nonsense about unelected bureaucrats. Well done!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

The USSR argument is a bit old school, given that the Russians now have something resembling a vote for their leader, which is more than the EU leaders ever have to face. North Korea is allowed as a comparison, as it's a rigged vote, and possibly Afghanistan, as their elections will presumably be similarly rigged.
                  ummm, we had a vote for our leader back home under Communism as well- only we only had one choice to vote for :P

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Still the same old nonsense about unelected bureaucrats. Well done!
                    Which bit of your brain believes any of them are elected? The word you're looking for is 'appointed'.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X