• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And the benefits of Brexit are.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

And lies about how economically great it would be.
    That was just marketing, although "misleading projection" or "overly optimistic projection" is a more accurate term depending if you think they knew their projections were bunk, or really believed it.

But even then it's about being "in a position to be economically successful off our own bat, unencumbered by others' rules" which ultimately comes back to identity and ego at the root. Everything else comes from that.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

That was just marketing, although "misleading projection" or "overly optimistic projection" is a more accurate term depending if you think they knew their projections were bunk, or really believed it.
      When you know what you are saying is not true, then it's a lie. Boris at least knew he was lying - and he's very practiced at it. I'd be very surprised if other senior ministers also knew they were lying.

You can tell when a politician is lying. Their lips move.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But even then it's about being "in a position to be economically successful off our own bat, unencumbered by others' rules" which ultimately comes back to identity and ego at the root. Everything else comes from that.
        Do you really believe this, or just trolling?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Do you really believe this, or just trolling?
          Which bit? I genuinely believe most people voted emotionally/idealistically though peoples' ideals were clearly ripe for manipulation.

Beyond that, this subforum is now fair game for any sort of nonsense in my view given Brexit has been and gone. It should be removed
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Which bit? I genuinely believe most people voted emotionally/idealistically though peoples' ideals were clearly ripe for manipulation.

Beyond that, this subforum is now fair game for any sort of nonsense in my view given Brexit has been and gone. It should be removed
            Fair enough
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              When you know what you are saying is not true, then it's a lie. Boris at least knew he was lying - and he's very practiced at it. I'd be very surprised if other senior ministers also knew they were lying.

You can tell when a politician is lying. Their lips move.
              Remember when the 'Union' campaign told the Scots the only way of staying in the EU was to vote 'No'? Technically it wasn't a lie, but is widely touted as having been a lie. Osbourne claiming we'd need an emergency budget to fend off economic meltdown was absolutely a lie, but rarely gets a mention in these parts.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Osbourne claiming we'd need an emergency budget to fend off economic meltdown was absolutely a lie, but rarely gets a mention in these parts.
                That's because it's ancient history. A week is a long time in politics.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just wishful thinking, newspapers still have Brexit as a clickable topic and are constantly reporting on it.

eg.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...hout-fl8php0d0
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 29 August 2021, 11:50.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X