• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And the benefits of Brexit are.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the benefits of Brexit are.......

None according to UK manufacturers https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...turers-285873/

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    We knew this would be the case ... but I'm sure Vetran will be along soon to blame the manufacturers for not working hard enough or something
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

We knew this would be the case ... but I'm sure Vetran will be along soon to blame the manufacturers for not working hard enough or something
      No no. Fewer exports is a good thing. It means the UK is more self-sufficient, and therefore more economically resiliant.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It was never about economic benefits, they're just the icing on the cake (or not).
        Although it's pretty hard to establish after such a short time what the effects really will be, especially when the world has been shut the entire time.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It was never about economic benefits, they're just the icing on the cake (or not).
          Although it's pretty hard to establish after such a short time what the effects really will be, especially when the world has been shut the entire time.
          Was it was never about economic benefits written on the side of a bus?
          No most Brexiters arguments, it boils down to immigration.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Was it was never about economic benefits written on the side of a bus?
            No most Brexiters arguments, it boils down to immigration.
            Was it was? Drinking early today? No, it wasn't. Those were just tactics. It wasn't about immigration either.
            It "was it was" about non-tangible things such as national pride and all that stuff.

Comment

Was it was? Drinking early today? No, it wasn't. Those were just tactics. It wasn't about immigration either.
              It "was it was" about non-tangible things such as national pride and all that stuff.
              This needs to be in the brexit joke thread
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

How did you being such a poorly educated person get a job in IT?
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

How did you being such a poorly educated person get a job in IT?
                  Are you unfamiliar with IT?!

I didn't say I agreed with it. But that IS what Brexit is about. Pride/ego/patriotism/willy-waving. Just like Scottish independence.

Comment

Are you unfamiliar with IT?!

I didn't say I agreed with it. But that IS what Brexit is about. Pride/ego/patriotism/willy-waving. Just like Scottish independence.
                    And lies about how economically great it would be.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X