• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh no currency has dropped again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Since exchange rates are only on measure of economic growth or otherwise, so what? Anyway, the point Remainers have always made is that the country is worse off under Brexit than staying in the EU. That simply means the economy doesn't grow as fast as it would have otherwise, which, unless you've access to some alternate dimension is utterly impossible to demonstrate.

As it would have been if the country had chosen to remain.

The arguments are rather more subtle than a few graphs. Unless you're scoots, in which case they're utter proof that you've no clue.
    It's quite amusing how the Brexiteers were up in arms about about the £8 billion annual EU contribution but are quite relaxed about the £30 billion in additional annual costs caused by Brexit red tape, notwithstanding the huge amount of business that's been lost.

It's a bit like resigning your job to save the bus fare.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So the stock market boomed during Covid, does that mean the economy was doing great? Likewise, currency rates are not exactly the definitive metric of success.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It's not just the drivers, UK food manufacturing is slowly collapsing.

From agriculture where there is no-one to harvest the fields to packing the food. No point paying £400 a day to drive around in an empty lorry.
        Not to worry, the government geniuses have you covered:

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/stat...730245120?s=19

They are extending max hours HGV drivers are allowed to drive cause they know it's a tulipe show, nothing like overusing whoever is left, here's your glorious Brexit. Also companies are already willing to pay 10-15% more to drivers but there simply isn't any, no one wants to come to fecking UK to drive lorries.

So yeah, it's absolutely bloody fantastic this Brexit, innit? If you're an imbecile living in your own bubble then all is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Not to worry, the government geniuses have you covered:

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/stat...730245120?s=19

They are extending max hours HGV drivers are allowed to drive cause they know it's a tulipe show, nothing like overusing whoever is left, here's your glorious Brexit. Also companies are already willing to pay 10-15% more to drivers but there simply isn't any, no one wants to come to fecking UK to drive lorries.

So yeah, it's absolutely bloody fantastic this Brexit, innit? If you're an imbecile living in your own bubble then all is fine.
          You missed a bit of course it was SOOO confusing!

We've ramped up the number of driving tests available & will consider other measures.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

You missed a bit of course it was SOOO confusing!
            To be frank I envy your patriotism. Never had those type of feelings growing inside of me.

Where do you think they initiate? Do you think they are meant to help the individual or offer further opportunities to exploit?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

To be frank I envy your patriotism. Never had those type of feelings growing inside of me.

Where do you think they initiate? Do you think they are meant to help the individual or offer further opportunities to exploit?
              It is accuracy not patriotism. The government have acknowledged there is a problem, they provided a short term solution and made more testing available - this is what the government should do or do you believe they should subsidise large enterprises with cheap labour? All the hauliers have to do is stop begging for slave labour, raise the pay that they slowly dropped to employ so many cheap EU drivers and sponsor training. That is hardly nationalism its rationalism.

I am the first to challenge the government when they do wrong. I believe they are right on the Hauliers & farm workers, I suspect most sensible economists would agree. If anything they should have tackled it earlier I and others have been mentioning this since about 2004 we were just dismissed as racists by people who want slavery.

It is not "my country right or wrong" its "My country so right everyone wants to come here, but frequently wrong so I am disappointed and argue to improve it"

I am a good law abiding citizen who has worked hard at a low level to make my country better. -You?

No I realise you are not a patriot which is why you abandoned your county for one you believe is better - how does that work?

Are your mum & Gran proud of you abandoning your chances to improve Romania so you can have an easier life in the UK?

Comment

It is accuracy not patriotism. The government have acknowledged there is a problem, they provided a short term solution and made more testing available - this is what the government should do or do you believe they should subsidise large enterprises with cheap labour? All the hauliers have to do is stop begging for slave labour, raise the pay that they slowly dropped to employ so many cheap EU drivers and sponsor training. That is hardly nationalism its rationalism.

I am the first to challenge the government when they do wrong. I believe they are right on the Hauliers & farm workers, I suspect most sensible economists would agree. If anything they should have tackled it earlier I and others have been mentioning this since about 2004 we were just dismissed as racists by people who want slavery.
                I don't personally think that the fact the shortage is in the news means they are actually interested in the shortage. There might be another agenda in the background - the first that I can think of is putting a trail of evidence so they can push people off furlough and UC shortly and have backing from the rest of the people.

If the gov would have cared more about workers rights and pay they could have done more to streamline the employee-employer interaction during recruiting. It leaves too much negotiating power to employer/agents and relies on confusion and manipulation to get workers to do what they want.
                I think I would like to see the gov impose legislation to have salary ranges on job adverts, I think I would like to see a unique reference number with every job post that you can track and see some application statistics. How long has it been there. Is it a real advert or only a made up one to confuse and waste someone time.
                Friction is as well an intended mechanism to frustrate people and make them less likely to switch jobs.
                I am not even getting into ir35 and umbrella shambles.

So, I dot think the news has anything to do with their intention. Gov could have done better to help the employee case but it never does. They have the knowledge, advisors etc trust me there is no incompetence there, they only allow one side to have more power in this relationship.

It is not "my country right or wrong" its "My country so right everyone wants to come here, but frequently wrong so I am disappointed and argue to improve it"

I am a good law abiding citizen who has worked hard at a low level to make my country better. -You?

No I realise you are not a patriot which is why you abandoned your county for one you believe is better - how does that work?

Are your mum & Gran proud of you abandoning your chances to improve Romania so you can have an easier life in the UK?
                I think you disproportionately taking the side of your country. The measure above with extending work hours is a botched approach. They shouldn't do anything about it, let market correct and put more information out there so people can fight for themselves.

None of my grandparents are alive. I think my parents would agree as well that I would be better off somewhere else.
                My father was high rank military officer but never heard of him pushing me that way.
                It's a free world, you go where you are treated better, if it doesn't work out you move on.

Comment

snivelling paranoid kr@p +
                  It's a free world, you go where you are treated better, if it doesn't work out you move on.
                  so what's keeping you?
                  FECK OFF!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

so what's keeping you?
                    FECK OFF!
                    this is getting a bit boring to be frank. It's probably the 10th time that you tell me that, don't you think it is a bit off?

Comment

I don't personally think that the fact the shortage is in the news means they are actually interested in the shortage. There might be another agenda in the background - the first that I can think of is putting a trail of evidence so they can push people off furlough and UC shortly and have backing from the rest of the people.

If the gov would have cared more about workers rights and pay they could have done more to streamline the employee-employer interaction during recruiting. It leaves too much negotiating power to employer/agents and relies on confusion and manipulation to get workers to do what they want.
                      I think I would like to see the gov impose legislation to have salary ranges on job adverts, I think I would like to see a unique reference number with every job post that you can track and see some application statistics. How long has it been there. Is it a real advert or only a made up one to confuse and waste someone time.
                      Friction is as well an intended mechanism to frustrate people and make them less likely to switch jobs.
                      I am not even getting into ir35 and umbrella shambles.

So, I dot think the news has anything to do with their intention. Gov could have done better to help the employee case but it never does. They have the knowledge, advisors etc trust me there is no incompetence there, they only allow one side to have more power in this relationship.

I think you disproportionately taking the side of your country. The measure above with extending work hours is a botched approach. They shouldn't do anything about it, let market correct and put more information out there so people can fight for themselves.

None of my grandparents are alive. I think my parents would agree as well that I would be better off somewhere else.
                      My father was high rank military officer but never heard of him pushing me that way.
                      A short term relaxation of hours is a proportionate response. Existing drivers should see their wages improve. Resisting the impulse to open the floodgates is a good move.

Best way to improve Employer / Employee relationship is to have near full employment and limit immigration to high cost workers. Employers will be forced to improve their staff kills. No salary on the job advert will mean I just ignore it, or if the job or employer is interesting a 10 minute call laughing at the agent when the wages are insulting is optional.

Comment

Working...
                      X