• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are all the winners today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the winners today?

Come on Brexiters, you won. Come and let us know how you feel today. As a remainer who lost the vote I actually feel quite dapper, so you guys must be totally elated.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Can you succinctly explain using only facts what has happened?

Comment

To answer the title of your post,
      Shearian won the 12:10 at Southwell and Assimile won the 12:40

For the 12:50 at Clonmel, I'd go with Notebook, although Ask Mary at 50/1 might be worth an each way.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        No work it out yourself you cretin.
        And if you can't, should you have voted in the first place?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          No work it out yourself you cretin.
          And if you can't, should you have voted in the first place?
          A simply no would have sufficed.

Comment

• June 2016 there was a referendum. Leave won.
            • June 2017 there was a GE. The Tories were voted in to deliver Brexit.
            • November 2018 the Tories deliver a Brexit proposal agreed with the EU as they were voted in to do. Worth noting though that most Brexit MPs had already done a runner by now so the delivery was left to remainer MPs.
            • November 2018, Brexit MPs have a melt down because their unattainable promises are impossible to deliver. Farage (not an elected MP) goes red in the face with apoplexy

Hope this helps?

You won ... you voted in the Tories to deliver Brexit .... they have delivered a Brexit proposal agreed with the EU .... rejoice in your victory

Comment

Ok thats good.

Is it possible you could just elaborate a little bit on

'November 2018 the Tories deliver a Brexit proposal agreed with the EU as they were voted in to do. Worth noting though that most Brexit MPs had already done a runner by now so the delivery was left to remainer MPs.'

E.g. the full details of what are in the proposal and why they are so bad?

Comment

Ok thats good.

'November 2018 the Tories deliver a Brexit proposal agreed with the EU as they were voted in to do. Worth noting though that most Brexit MPs had already done a runner by now so the delivery was left to remainer MPs.'

I don't think Whorty said anything about them being "so bad", more that the politicians who convinced half the voters that Leave was a good idea have now stepped away from the process, shunning the responsibility, passing the blame, and possibly using smilies as the most intelligent part of their argument.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this may have been TMs plan all along. For the first time last night she put 3 options on the table.

1. Accept the proposed deal
                  2. No deal.
                  3. Remain in the EU

As a remainer TM has played a corker. Deliver a deal so bad no one in their right mind will vote for it, as there is no hope of getting anything through parliament with the lack of a majority she has. The deal gets voted down so we are left with no deal, also not acceptable to parliament or stay in the EU. Hey presto she delivers what 48% of the people who voted in the referendum voted for (including herself) - staying in the EU. Blinding strategy...Or am I giving her more credit than she deserves.

Comment

Ok thats good.

I don't need to know the details (for the record, what I've seen so far is not bad, it's the best of a bad situation). In our democracy we have delegated authority for our government to act on our behalf. The Tories were voted in to do that. They have negotiated a deal that they consider the best for the country. I will have my personal say on that at the ballot box next time there is a GE.

Why don't you tell us, as a Brexiter who presumably voted Tory at the last GE, why you think your party has not delivered your wishes. Twice you have voted for this situation, twice you 'won', yet you seem upset. Who's the fool?

Comment

Working...
                    X