• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supermarkets slam "food stockpiling" suggestion by government.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    There is no promised land, Dorothy. Who promised you that?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      ah the EU caused peace in Europe fantasy.
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Big difference between “caused” (Daily Wailer) and “was the result of the desire to maintain”.
      Very big difference. I believe you’d call it a straw man, or some such twaddle if someone else had deliberately and in full knowledge that they were lying and twisting words had come out with it.

The EU was brought about after the end of WWII, after people in the UK and other countries worked together to defeat an evil right wing regime who felt that one race, one group of people should be the only ones allowed to rule, and that anyone who wasn’t of that race was inferior.

...but you can deny that if it fits the DW belief system better.
      YMMV but suggesting the EU is responsible for Europe wide peace is raising a Bulltulip Man and anyone who tries to raise it has less IQ than AssGuru's hamster after the lobotomy.
      Hey, Old Bean, did you get an F in English Comprehension in your CSEs?

I did not say the EU "caused" peace in Europe. You put that post up.
      I pointed out the difference between "caused" and "the result of the desire to maintain".
      You now change "caused" to "responsible for". Again, not what I said, but you and the other Wailers will ignore the truth, instead wanting to force feed the rest of us with your zealotry.

Either you are insane, inept or a liar. You certainly post like you hate the truth.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Big difference between “caused” (Daily Wailer) and “was the result of the desire to maintain”.
        Very big difference. I believe you’d call it a straw man, or some such twaddle if someone else had deliberately and in full knowledge that they were lying and twisting words had come out with it.

The EU was brought about after the end of WWII, after people in the UK and other countries worked together to defeat an evil right wing regime who felt that one race, one group of people should be the only ones allowed to rule, and that anyone who wasn’t of that race was inferior.

...but you can deny that if it fits the DW belief system better.
        "desire to maintain" sounds good in practice, but when the sh*t hit the fan in the former Yugoslavia, the EU had a meeting whilst NATO sorted it out.

A quick potted history of the last two hundred years of European history:
        19th century: The French tried to take over Europe, and the British teamed up with the Germans in giving the French a good slapping.
        20th century: The Germans tried to take over Europe (twice), and the British teamed up with the French in giving the Germans a good slapping (twice).
        After this, the French and the Germans decided neither could do it on their own, so they decided to team up and give the British a good slapping. Hence the EU was born.*

*It's called "satire" and you'll find it in a dictionary, if you can be arsed to look...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          20th century: The Germans tried to take over Europe (twice), and the British teamed up with the French in giving the Germans a good slapping (twice)...
          Got an F in your GCSE history, did you?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post

20th century: The Germans tried to take over Europe (twice), and the British teamed up with the French in giving the Germans a good slapping (twice)...

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Got an F in your GCSE history, did you?
            Yes we all know it was the good old USA who saved the day.

Comment

And as usual with Brexiters when faced with the truth, they change the argument and change their words trying to drum up support for the lies.

Comment

I will add the rest of the post as you seem to have got confused again, I wish you & spooter would remember that if it has taps its not a toilet!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                The main promise was lack of another major war in European theatre
                ah the EU caused peace in Europe fantasy.

Strange most sensible people believe nuclear weapons stopped that. Even Trump & Putin are nice to people with them.

Luckily the EU has sat by while we have Genocide in the Balkans and they like to support beating of voters.

However the EU tulips itself when Vlad the invader farts.
                Hey, Old Bean, did you get an F in English Comprehension in your CSEs?

I did not say the EU "caused" peace in Europe. You put that post up. - No AtW did which is why I quoted him in my post, you misread it and assumed it was directed at you = 0 points.
                I pointed out the difference between "caused" and "the result of the desire to maintain". - you posted some drivel having misunderstood the first post , I pointed out the EU's desire wasn't particularly strong as they have failed to intervene in any European conflict = 0 points
                You now change "caused" to "responsible for". Again, not what I said, but you and the other Wailers will ignore the truth, instead wanting to force feed the rest of us with your zealotry. - I'm not the one who against all facts continues to suggest the EU had any significant part in preserving world peace. = 0 points

Either you are insane, inept or a liar. You certainly post like you hate the truth. - which is why I quote references and you insult people one of us likes to do research the other to post bile = 0 points
                FTFY
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I will add the rest of the post as you seem to have got confused again, I wish you & spooter would remember that if it has taps its not a toilet!

FTFY
                  Getting a bit worked up, Old Bean.

Here's what AtW said:
                  Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Here's what he didn't say:
                  "The EU caused peace in Europe"

"The EU is responsible for Europe wide peace"

So, why do you claim he said those things?

Comment

Getting a bit worked up, Old Bean.

Here's what AtW said:

"The EU caused peace in Europe"

"The EU is responsible for Europe wide peace"

So, why do you claim he said those things?

promise
                    ˈprɒmɪs/Submit
                    noun
                    a declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen.
                    "what happened to all those firm promises of support?"
                    cause
                    kɔːz/Submit
                    verb
                    past tense: caused; past participle: caused
                    make (something, especially something bad) happen
                    responsible
                    rɪˈspɒnsɪb(ə)l/Submit
                    adjective
                    having an obligation to do something, or having control over or care for someone, as part of one's job or role.
                    "the cabinet minister responsible for Education"
                    synonyms: in charge of, in control of, at the helm of, accountable for, liable for, charged with; More
                    being the primary cause of something and so able to be blamed or credited for it.
                    "Gooch was responsible for 198 of his side's 542 runs"
                    so they are intertwined, the EU made a promise that peace would happen. The average EU supporter believes the EU made peace in Europe happen and that they were responsible for it.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so they are intertwined, the EU made a promise that peace would happen. The average EU supporter believes the EU made peace in Europe happen and that they were responsible for it.
                      The EU was formed after WWII. There was not a Europe-wide war going on at the time. The EU did not claim (neither has AtW or anyone apart from you) that it is the cause of peace, or that it was responsible for ending some war that was taking place at the time it was founded.
                      Having a desire for peace is not the same as claiming to have caused peace.
                      Having a desire for peace is not the same as claiming to be responsible for peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X