• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the reason:

Brexit: Majority now want to remain in EU, poll finds | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Now we have 'Bregret' voters? Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Lol the Independent - Oxymoron. No bias there then. You are so right. 17.4 Million have all changed there mind after all the pre-brexit predictions came true. Oh wait... maybe not.

Total hogwash.
        You seem to forget there was 4% winning margin and not everyone entitled to vote did.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Of course.

That's the funniest thing I've read since I last opened Viz.

Comment

Didn't all the polls show that Remain led the way, up to and including the day of the vote, or am I getting senile? Small sample numbers give rise to misleading results that should not be taken as representative of the whole population. Just the kind of thing that crappy journo's like this to use to present their side of an argument as being correct and produce some nice clickbait news.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              Lol the Independent - Oxymoron. No bias there then. You are so right. 17.4 Million have all changed there mind after all the pre-brexit predictions came true. Oh wait... maybe not.

Total hogwash.
              Basic arithmetic not your strong point then? (Never mind grammar). Less than 640,000 people who voted for leaving would need to change their minds (exactly 640'000 would give a 10,499 majority).

But as Admin points out - the polls were wrong before the referendum, so why should this one be any more accurate?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Didn't all the polls show that Remain led the way, up to and including the day of the vote, or am I getting senile? Small sample numbers give rise to misleading results that should not be taken as representative of the whole population. Just the kind of thing that crappy journo's like this to use to present their side of an argument as being correct and produce some nice clickbait news.
                You are correct. And by a bigger lead than this. Which is why it's so funny.

It also relies on the people who didn't turn out actually doing do this time. Which they won't.

And if it did come out like this, the majority would be smaller than the actual vote, so surely we would need a third attempt.

After yesterday's decision and Sky's snap poll that found in favour of the PM, I would be surprised if the actual Leave majority wasn't greater. Especially as the BOE has upgraded it's forecasts and the project fear threats didn't happen.

Comment

In the 1640's the British fought a civil war to establish the sovereignty of parliament over royal prerogative and then in 1688 there was the Glorious Revolution to uphold this now in 2016 Brexiters propose a civil war to reestablish royal prerogative as a way to govern Britain. What should it be?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Today's laugh.

Scottish MSPs voted to Leave.

They fear Scotland will be treated like Greece.

Is that why The Witch isn't pushing for the second referendum?

Comment

Why can't you just accept that you lost and let the country get on? :
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X