• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I was not allowed to vote in the Scottish referendum. I had @££$ all choice.
    Neither was I. Due to the fact that I no longer live there. Why would you (or I for that matter) need or expect a choice just because we once lived there? I have also lived in a whole range of other countries too. Oddly enough, I don't get a vote in their internal politics either. Who knew?

I guess the fact that you WERE allowed to vote in the EU Election was because the Remain Camp were so desperate for support. Unlucky!!

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Thicker than the thickest gelatinous whale omelette.
    Yes you are, but the first step is always acknowledgement. So progress being made at least.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I guess the fact that you WERE allowed to vote in the EU Election was because the Remain Camp were so desperate for support. Unlucky!!
      You guess wrong. The law has long been that you are disenfranchised after 15 years of leaving the UK. Before Cameron resigned, it was the government's stated intention to change the law so that people no longer get disenfranchised. Although there was a campaign to allow expats away for longer that 15 years a vote, the government didn't support it. If they'd been "desperate for support", it would have been allowed.

For Scottish independence, the choice was either allow all (enfranchised) British citizens a vote, or restrict it to residents of Scotland. A Scot resident in England couldn't vote in that referendum either, so your statement is even more ignorant than usual. Well done!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        You guess wrong. The law has long been that you are disenfranchised after 15 years of leaving the UK. Before Cameron resigned, it was the government's stated intention to change the law so that people no longer get disenfranchised. Although there was a campaign to allow expats away for longer that 15 years a vote, the government didn't support it. If they'd been "desperate for support", it would have been allowed.
        Good thing too. If you have decided to pursue your life elsewhere then you should no longer be meddling in the politics of what has become for you, a foreign country.
        Besides, if CUK is anything to go by it appears that most of those that have departed these shores have not only lost their right to any say, they have also lost many of their marbles. Which in the case of quite a few is a crippling blow to what passes for an intellect!

"EU election" - what a plonker.
        Hairsplitting Pedant. Even a simpleton like you grasped the point though. We, as a nation, "Elected" to Leave. Happy now?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

For Scottish independence, the choice was either allow all (enfranchised) British citizens a vote, or restrict it to residents of Scotland.
          No it wasn't. There was never ANY such choice. From the get-go, the vote was only ever going to be given to those resident in Scotland, whether they be native Scots or not.

A Scot resident in England couldn't vote in that referendum either,
          No sh*t Sherlock? As a Scot resident in England I hadn't realised that!

so your statement passed over my head at an even greater altitude than usual. Well done!
          ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Exactly they were in prams and in schools. Young people were overwhelmingly for remain. Some old nationalistic fascist UKIP bullies like you now decided on their future and ruined it.
            https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-twice-as-high

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...o-remain-in-eu

Depends how you define young Sonny.

Of course as a picture of a Bremainer using insults and generalisations its clear to see that your decision was emotional and not logical. Most of the young people who were for remain have had difficulty explaining why we should. Most has centred round freedom of movement, short term financial loss and the EU being nasty to us if we leave.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              You had the choice 2 years ago and you made it quite clearly. Hasn't the penny dropped yet jellyhead?
              And now things are very different
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                And now things are very different, Scotland is even more broke
                FTFY

Comment

Bremainers show their true colours 2

Great Ormond Street hospital worker wishes illness on Brexiteers' children on BBC Question Time | Daily Mail Online

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...7100508420.mp4

An NHS worker provoked fury last night after she wished illnesses on the children of Brexiteers live on BBC One's Question Time show.

Nicola Gorb, 47, a language and speech therapist at Great Ormond Street children's hospital, now faces calls to be sacked.

Introduced by David Dimbleby as 'the woman shaking her head', she told the panel she is 'very much a Remainer' who believes that Brexit will impair medical research and funding.

And amid gasps from the audience, the self-proclaimed 'professional anti-Brexiter', from Watford, said: 'I want people who are leaving to one day unfortunately have a child who needs that treatment but it's not there because collaboration's not been there'.
                  proud eh?

Comment

Another Tory C*** goes

Another Tory C*** goes

Tory MP Stephen Phillips quits over 'irreconcilable differences'
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

This Remnant is despicable. There are some decent ones out there but the most vocal ones like this woman and The Witch are disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X