• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etho View Post
    SJD accountancy, absolutely appalling
    Care to elaborate?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by JtotheD View Post
      I'm a contractor using SJD and I'm not happy at all with the service.

SJD put on their website that if we don't respond to you same day (provided email is before blah blah) we will refund you that months installment, great, but the response you get is an auto reply saying thank you for your email I will respond to you in full shortly, which usually is over a week with me chasing! I called to complain and they just kept putting me through to my accountant...

Also when I rarely get to speak to my Accountant, I have to remind her who I am, she then proceeds to give me generic information which I then have to remind her isn’t applicable to me. There is absolutely nothing personal about the service, and I have no confidence in my accountant at all.

I'm now looking to leave, as SJD have not done my end of year accounts am I able to get money back? They have sent me a couple of emails and done my VAT nothing else (I set the company up myself). I'd be interested if anyone else has had similar issues, or can advise me?

As a side I do accept that this may be the particular accountant not necessarily a reflection of SJD as a whole but this is my experience and that is all I can go off.
      I heard some very bad feedback on them also...that they use very standard software, no personal service, and a bit slacking on the accuracy etc...which is the key!

Comment

Originally posted by charlieabc View Post
        I heard some very bad feedback on them also...that they use very standard software, no personal service, and a bit slacking on the accuracy etc...which is the key!
        I heard Freddie Starr ate someones hamster.. must be true.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlieabc View Post
          It is a problem. When you use a sausage machine acountant, all contractors look like a sausage.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've been with SJD for over 10 years and I have seen the quality go down over recent years.
            Allocated different accountants - who every time seem to be less qualified/able than previous one. Suspect there is increasing churn - never a good sign, Keep asking me same questions that I reply with the info then they ask me again same questions to get accounts done which seems to be more painful every year and my stuff is really simple.
            Always filled in spreadsheets every year - then tried their own software. Didn't really work, and went back to spreadsheets.
            The monthly email payslip often doesn't arrive, and have to chase.
            Nothing really good to say TBH - Obviously the thought of moving is a right pain - but will do at year end.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenscroft View Post
              I've been with SJD for over 10 years and I have seen the quality go down over recent years.
              Allocated different accountants - who every time seem to be less qualified/able than previous one. Suspect there is increasing churn - never a good sign, Keep asking me same questions that I reply with the info then they ask me again same questions to get accounts done which seems to be more painful every year and my stuff is really simple.
              Always filled in spreadsheets every year - then tried their own software. Didn't really work, and went back to spreadsheets.
              Nothing really good to say TBH - Obviously the thought of moving is a right pain - but will do at year end.
              It will make sense to leave after the year end, as your monthly fees would cover the annual accounts but if you are halfway through the year, most accountants would be happy to take over your accounts preparation.

Comment

I would also say moving accountants from SJD you have the potential to reduce your monthly accountancy cost at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                  I would also say moving accountants from SJD you have the potential to reduce your monthly accountancy cost at the same time.
                  Constant chasing and all numbers I try seems to bounce to a mobile or offshore number - strange.
                  I suspect that there has been a change of ownership.
                  I am not even convinced that the person I eventually speak too is who they say they are - maybe names are shared around a group of people. When I get through the IT systems are always down.
                  Carry on like this and they won't last long.
                  Has anyone got recent positives about SJD?

Comment

Constant chasing and all numbers I try seems to bounce to a mobile or offshore number - strange.
                    I suspect that there has been a change of ownership.
                    I am not even convinced that the person I eventually speak too is who they say they are - maybe names are shared around a group of people. When I get through the IT systems are always down.
                    Carry on like this and they won't last long.
                    Has anyone got recent positives about SJD?
                    It certainly seems not from people who come here to express an opinion.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've decide to leave anyway. Just as I did got the email that my Accountant was leaving.
                      They are trying to file my accounts - but cannot confirm filed.
                      Totally incompetent - not waiting for my year end.
                      They have some serious issues that need sorting

Comment

Working...
                      X