• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    Not good form to knock the competition.
    Always use a suitably damning complement instead - although I've never really found one for high staff turnover...

My favourite one for my industry would be - very good at customisations....
    Last edited by eek; 24 October 2017, 12:06.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Always use a suitably damning complement instead - although I've never really found one for high staff turnover...

Cool post bro....

Like that?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

your posts are so insightful and fun to read

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cool post bro....

Like that?
          Nope. You missed pointing out the typo...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If my company year end was 30th September and I have paid monthly to SJD, do they legally have to provide my year end accounts and self-assessment for that period even if I leave now?

I really want to leave them as the service levels are at 'joke' status but I'm also fearful that if I leave I'll never see the outstanding items again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
              If my company year end was 30th September and I have paid monthly to SJD, do they legally have to provide my year end accounts and self-assessment for that period even if I leave now?

I really want to leave them as the service levels are at 'joke' status but I'm also fearful that if I leave I'll never see the outstanding items again.
              Yeah, if you have paid SJD 12 month fees for the period Oct - Sep then they will have to prepare the year end accounts as per there engagement letter.

Comment

If you have paid them to prepare the accounts then they need to complete them - that's what InTouch did when I moved accountants (or said they would - must ask Neil where they are).

If you are moving to a FreeAgent accountant then you could always put in the previous year's transactions as well to calculate the opening balances and then you can do them yourself, but that means extra work for you and paying twice. Some accountants (*cough* Dynamo *cough*) would probably do that for you if you ask nicely.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

To be fair when I left they did a great job of handing everything over in a reasonable timeframe. Something my one man set up didn't do when I left him. They are a big company so don't think they are about dodging their responsibilities.

One thing to ask though, I know of contractors that have been charged for doing their year ends early for stuff like mortgages and the like. You might want to check if they are going to charge you do it quickly so you can go rather than wait for the period they allocate and do all the returns.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Provided you paid 12 months, then yes.
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

I would be tempted to suck it up for a couple of months to get the year-end ticked off, then bail.

Comment

Working...
                      X