• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    My money is on it ending up back in private hands at some stage...
    Yes, I'm waiting for you to make me an offer The other likely outcome is for a bigger player to buy them out.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Yes, I'm waiting for you to make me an offer The other likely outcome is for a bigger player to buy them out.
      :-)

Possible of course. Overseas player looking for a land grab maybe.
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

:-)

Possible of course. Overseas player looking for a land grab maybe.
        I was thinking more along the lines of SAGE perhaps, wanting to buy market share in nano enterprises. HMRC's "making tax digital" is likely to make a FreeAgent account an essential tool in this population. It is a one way street in that direction only.

Comment

Free Agent Holdings is like many of these Software companies, a one trick pony. It's been making a loss over the last year and the share price is back to where it was last year. My experience with these type of companies is not good.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Free Agent Holdings is like many of these Software companies, a one trick pony. It's been making a loss over the last year and the share price is back to where it was last year. My experience with these type of companies is not good.
            Indeed, that's why it's a punt. The recent share price set back just tips the risk reward equation for me. I will take profits and move on if there are any to be had. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              I was thinking more along the lines of SAGE perhaps, wanting to buy market share in nano enterprises. HMRC's "making tax digital" is likely to make a FreeAgent account an essential tool in this population. It is a one way street in that direction only.
              I think if any of the UK players wanted it they already will have done.
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

I think if any of the UK players wanted it they already will have done.
                Also exactly how much can Freeagent expand? It has a software product that is very tied to the accounting rules of a particular country in a niche where probably over 50% of the possible market now use it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Also exactly how much can Freeagent expand? It has a software product that is very tied to the accounting rules of a particular country in a niche where probably over 50% of the possible market now use it.
                  I am sure it can still be a mine of data for someone
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I am sure it can still be a mine of data for someone
                    Ok. So when you sign up do you agree to let them use your data in any way you choose? No thanks.

HMRC will probably buy them then
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Ok. So when you sign up do you agree to let them use your data in any way you choose? No thanks.

HMRC will probably buy them then
                      Only if you sign up via NatWest or RBS I believe where you agree to share your account transactions with the bank....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X