• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla update.....

Shares of Tesla Inc. notched their longest losing streak in more than two months, down for a fourth straight session and ending the week off 7.6%.

The stock was the second-worst performer on the Nasdaq-100 NDX, -0.21% on Friday, suffering its lowest close in two weeks. Over the four-day losing stretch, shares fell more than 7%, tipping the stock to monthly losses of more than 1%.

Tesla TSLA, -0.47% shares on Monday closed at a record $385, supplanting a previous all-time close of $383.45 in June.

On Tuesday, analysts at Jefferies started their coverage on the stock, siding with the bears: They rated the shares their equivalent of sell and forecast the company to lose money at least until 2020, one year past what other analysts have predicted for Tesla.
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Meanwhile, Musk seems to me to be playing the long game. It looks likely he'll be making Tesla's in China soon. Already, China is the world's biggest market for leccy vehicles as well as the biggest market for vehicles of any description. This is Musk parking his tanks on the front lawn of his Chinese competitors. A brave move. In my opinion, it is likely that companies we have barely even heard of in Europe will come to dominate the electric vehicles market within my lifetime. I think the western (and Japanese, Korean too) companies are in an uphill battle to keep a share of this rapidly changing market. The way things are, the market is wide open for Chinese domination. So, a very brave move by Musk, but at the same time, one he just has to take? More here -
      Tesla eyes Shanghai factory as electric car company looks to expand manufacturing base
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Meanwhile, Musk seems to me to be playing the long game. It looks likely he'll be making Tesla's in China soon. Already, China is the world's biggest market for leccy vehicles as well as the biggest market for vehicles of any description. This is Musk parking his tanks on the front lawn of his Chinese competitors. A brave move. In my opinion, it is likely that companies we have barely even heard of in Europe will come to dominate the electric vehicles market within my lifetime. I think the western (and Japanese, Korean too) companies are in an uphill battle to keep a share of this rapidly changing market. The way things are, the market is wide open for Chinese domination. So, a very brave move by Musk, but at the same time, one he just has to take? More here -
        Tesla eyes Shanghai factory as electric car company looks to expand manufacturing base
        It's fascinating isn't it. There are going to be some huge casualties in this sector over the coming years. China are indeed very much into this and will have absolutely no hesitation in screwing Tesla to the floor. Couple that with all the existing car manufacturers who are pouring billions in and new, well funded entrants coming in (Dyson for one), you have to think that the ludicrous valuation Tesla has will evaporate sooner rather than later. They have little proprietary knowledge and no idea how to mass build cars. Once the press starts to turn against Musk then his woefully inaccurate projections will be highlighted and investors will run a mile. In the meantime, Jeff Bezos will quietly carry on killing Space X with Blue Origin.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
          It's fascinating isn't it. There are going to be some huge casualties in this sector over the coming years. China are indeed very much into this and will have absolutely no hesitation in screwing Tesla to the floor. Couple that with all the existing car manufacturers who are pouring billions in and new, well funded entrants coming in (Dyson for one), you have to think that the ludicrous valuation Tesla has will evaporate sooner rather than later. They have little proprietary knowledge and no idea how to mass build cars. Once the press starts to turn against Musk then his woefully inaccurate projections will be highlighted and investors will run a mile. In the meantime, Jeff Bezos will quietly carry on killing Space X with Blue Origin.
          Hmmm, Dyson? Be very nice to see, but he is years behind, I think he's going to rethink this one. Either that, or he is going to have a very expensive, very high profile failure on his hands. How can anyone at the end of the day, compete against the Chinese state? Need a few trillion dollars (Yuan)? They just invent it from thin air. Dyson, I think has little chance to pull this one off, IMO.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Hmmm, Dyson? Be very nice to see, but he is years behind, I think he's going to rethink this one. Either that, or he is going to have a very expensive, very high profile failure on his hands. How can anyone at the end of the day, compete against the Chinese state? Need a few trillion dollars (Yuan)? They just invent it from thin air. Dyson, I think has little chance to pull this one off, IMO.
            I think he is more likely to develop some tech during the project which he will end up licencing - perhaps get some return that way. I agree difficult to see them turning into a car company. I think people forget just how difficult it actually is to build a car.

Comment

Tesla stock sinks on production woes, record net loss
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yep. Wait for the dead cat bounce then short again. This stock has a long way to go down yet.

Comment

But still considerably higher than what it was a year ago. Who thought an Electric car company would have such a huge market cap. Still, interesting that they are disrupting the car industry. It was much needed. For years we been seeing car companies not being innovative and selling the same crap, just putting some lipstick on a pig every year.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    But still considerably higher than what it was a year ago. Who thought an Electric car company would have such a huge market cap. Still, interesting that they are disrupting the car industry. It was much needed. For years we been seeing car companies not being innovative and selling the same crap, just putting some lipstick on a pig every year.
                    Agreed. What the valuations at present reflect is that this is considered to be a tech company, which of course it really isn't it. I fail to see the massive upside the current values envisage. The likes of VW and BMW are already producing better electric cars, with better tech, on time and have huge upscaling capabilities. Whatever foothold Tesla get is dwarfed by the existing car companies.

Comment

The last couple of weeks have been really good.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X