• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

    I guess a few of us on here have a more than casual interest in the stock market, I have a few quid in the banks as I still think they are massively undervalued long term, but I like what I am hearing from US Oil & Gas PLC (USOP), not openly traded as they are on GXG but a solid investment recently and a company that actually produces something has to be a safer bet than "service" companies
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

    I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

    #2
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I guess a few of us on here have a more than casual interest in the stock market, I have a few quid in the banks as I still think they are massively undervalued long term, but I like what I am hearing from US Oil & Gas PLC (USOP), not openly traded as they are on GXG but a solid investment recently and a company that actually produces something has to be a safer bet than "service" companies
    Unless you have a real grasp of what you're doing then I'd say there's a fair chance you'll be ripe for loosing cash. I've been invested in AIM for about three years and surprised I've got any hair left. If the big boys can manipulate LIBOR you can be 99% sure other markets are.

    For what it is worth (very little) I have a fair whack Falklands oil explorers in RKH, a little in DES and a few Tesco in an ISA (which gave me a rather nice half yearly dividend of 3% today).
    Last edited by The_Equalizer; 11 July 2012, 15:45.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Unless you have a real grasp of what you're doing
      If he had it he would not have asked for investment advice in CUK General...

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If he had it he would not have asked for investment advice in CUK General...
        Simon Mac has only just worked out how to login to CUK. That makes him an expert in everything.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by AtW View Post
          If he had it he would not have asked for investment advice in CUK General...
          At what point did my post ask for advice, in fact I was giving it, but I know your grasp of the English language may not be up to that of a native speak so I will forgive your foreign ignorance.

          Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Simon Mac has only just worked out how to login to CUK. That makes him an expert in everything.
          **** you and your fat ass momma too
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

          I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            At what point did my post ask for advice, in fact I was giving it

            Comment


              #7
              1. The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up. You may not get back all of your original investment.
              2. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
              3. Rates of exchange may cause the value of underlying investments to go up or down.
              4. Tax arrangements may change.
              5. All stock market based investment is exposed to a degree of risk.
              6. Your home may be at risk if you set fire to it.

              HTH BIDI

              PS Good luck

              Comment


                #8
                I just received a dividend of 8% on my Greek investment

                Remember, he who dares



                As George Soros said if you want to make money invest where people fear to tread....but it will be a bumpy ride.

                I´m not convinced by the banks, the tech companies still haven´t recovered from the dot com crash, and Japanese stocks are still more or less where they were when the Nikkei crashed in the 1990´s. Always best to focus on stocks that get stuffed simply because they´re there as well...i.e. after the 2008 banking crash everything else crashed with it, but most of these companies had nothing to do with the banks, and 2 years later they´d recovered their values, here you were seeing 100-300% rises, mining or oil companies for example.
                I'm alright Jack

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  I just received a dividend of 8% on my Greek investment

                  Remember, he who dares



                  As George Soros said if you want to make money invest where people fear to tread....but it will be a bumpy ride.

                  I´m not convinced by the banks, the tech companies still haven´t recovered from the dot com crash, and Japanese stocks are still more or less where they were when the Nikkei crashed in the 1990´s. Always best to focus on stocks that get stuffed simply because they´re there as well...i.e. after the 2008 banking crash everything else crashed with it, but most of these companies had nothing to do with the banks, and 2 years later they´d recovered their values, here you were seeing 100-300% rises, mining or oil companies for example.
                  True. I think there are some good value stocks in various unloved EU countries at the moment, especially Italian stocks.

                  E.g.

                  Enel S.p.A.: BIT:ENEL quotes & news - Google Finance

                  Yields 11%

                  Market cap of 22bn

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Got loads of legacy active-managed funds, which I am not adding to (high mgmt costs = not a good idea)
                    Got a HYP with about 15 obvious contenders in a SIPP.
                    Most current and future money will be dripped into lowest cost US general and UK income trackers(vanguard do an income one I am looking at starting with a chun on the next market dip).
                    With occasional dips into emerging market and other Investment Trusts - very different from OEIC and individual shares.
                    This should be the same for most on here but if you want some excitement, suggest you reserve 10% for dabbling in small oil shares etc
                    Gets quite addictive seeing those dividends coming in - got FCPT too which pays every month.
                    This IS my plan B + warchest, more I find out, more interested I get - start with fool.co.uk.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X