• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am investing into potato growers

Comment

Up £5K today, which helps the £11K drop on Friday and £8K yesterday. Taking dividends into account I'm around even over the last 2 years. I'll keep reinvesting the dividends when I hit £1k cash in whatever takes my fancy as a high yield dividend share.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Right had 5k on Lloyds and 5k on Standard Life. 57 and 284 respectively.

Market not reacting as badly.

Should have thought about this a bit more. If we'd had a Remain then the market would have gone up across the board. But a Brexit meant that exporters and gold would have gone up and everything else tanked. Should have bought Rolls Royce, Diageo etc and some gold mines. Oh well.

About 4/5% down, which I'm not bothered about.

Had a grand on Theresa May earlier.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

About 15-20k down on the week (still not looking ), and that's on shares alone. On the bright side, I'm still a contractor.

Comment

Converted final EUR into GBP, which was nice.

Felt like getting Barclays shares yesterday, but when I woke up they were already up

Comment

My portfolio hasn't changed since last week, in Euros I might add

However that is because I have gold mining shares.

My non-commodity UK shares tanked. Asian and US shares no change but that's because the Euro was down.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

How the feck aren't you lot loaded?

The FTSE 100 was at 5,500 briefly in Feb. It's in the same range it's been trading at for the last 3 months. You were presented with a golden buying opp yesterday.

You've all been forecasting Cable to fall so you should have positioned accordingly, or at least held indices. The £/EUR has barely moved.

The Dax is over 1,000 pts above where it was during the Greek crisis.

You would struggle to lose in these markets but by the sounds of it, you've all managed it!

Comment

EUR/GBP moved big time in just a week, stock market overvalued, waiting for the Big One before buying controlling stake in FTSE 250 firms, this time next year...

Those Brexiters will make me loaded, boomed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    EUR/GBP moved big time in just a week, stock market overvalued, waiting for the Big One before buying controlling stake in FTSE 250 firms, this time next year...

Those Brexiters will make me loaded, boomed!!!
                    EUR/GBP has barely moved. It was only a few years ago Cable went from 1.6 to 1.9 in the space of a few days. That was a proper move. Then back again. EUR/GBP has shifted .04 in a week. Unless you are trading in millions then that's sod all.

IG have all but taken their margin requirements back to normal levels due to the lack of volatility.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      EUR/GBP has barely moved. It was only a few years ago Cable went from 1.6 to 1.9 in the space of a few days. That was a proper move. Then back again. EUR/GBP has shifted .04 in a week. Unless you are trading in millions then that's sod all.

IG have all but taken their margin requirements back to normal levels due to the lack of volatility.
                      Cable moved enough to bankrupt some people - we'll soon know who they are...

Comment

Working...
                      X