• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Cable moved enough to bankrupt some people - we'll soon know who they are...
    From 1.42 to 1.33?

TBF to you, Soros got it wrong and he won't have been dabbling.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      From 1.42 to 1.33?

TBF to you, Soros got it wrong and he won't have been dabbling.
      I got it right, tidy profit before hyper inflation arrives...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        About 4/5% down, which I'm not bothered about.

Had a grand on Theresa May earlier.

Sold the shares I bought last week at a couple hundred down. Neither shares came back up, even though a massive rally to 6300.

Frankly I don't want to be holding any shares just at the moment at the higher levels, happy to be a bottom feeder.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Sold the shares I bought last week at a couple hundred down. Neither shares came back up, even though a massive rally to 6300.

Frankly I don't want to be holding any shares just at the moment at the higher levels, happy to be a bottom feeder.
          Enough about your love life.

Two things I have learnt from this past few days, diversify (I am lucky I had a number of solid defensive shares which have picked up well to offset the falls in the banks and house builders), my portfolio is 30 shares (no funds) which I think is a good balance.

Secondly, ignore short term wins or losses, I could have played with the few K I had in cash, but keep thinking long term, solid dividend payers and ride out the peaks and troughs
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Enough about your love life.

Two things I have learnt from this past few days, diversify (I am lucky I had a number of solid defensive shares which have picked up well to offset the falls in the banks and house builders), my portfolio is 30 shares (no funds) which I think is a good balance.

Secondly, ignore short term wins or losses, I could have played with the few K I had in cash, but keep thinking long term, solid dividend payers and ride out the peaks and troughs
            More than happy to jump in and out. Seems to do me OK.

Gut feeling says the market is too high

Comment

The one that got away!

In my focus on strong long term dividend return I was umming and ahhing about ARM holding, on paper a great bet but crap dividends, up 45% on take over talk today

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The one that got away!

In my focus on strong long term dividend return I was umming and ahhing about ARM holding, on paper a great bet but crap dividends, up 45% on take over talk today
                Got a nice bunch of ARM shares in my portfolio.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  AtW said the same. But I swear he said ARM chairs over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Comment

indeed. Even with the pound devalued to the ounce, it's still a tidy profit for me. Up 50% in CHF.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X