• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep remining myself its a marathon not a sprint, 22 years until I retire so I can take a few bumps in the road ;(
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

TBH, it's starting to look a little overdone in some sectors, particular the banks.
      LLOY very tempting, shame the coffers are bare ...
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        1.41456 USD/GBP and 1.29743 EUR/GBP
        1.44 USD/GBP

1.28 EUR/GBP

Comment

Carnage. I topped up a little on Lloyds last week. Had a quick In / Out with Glencore, but the drop on Lloyds wipes that out plus some.

Put 20k into my pension fund last week as well. Dropped about 25k in total on that in the last six months.

Work shares have capitulated, pretty much halving, and as most of mine was options at a lower price, the true drop is around 75% and a six figure drop in a matter of two weeks

Waiting though with a shed load of cash, so will see what happens for now.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            LLOY very tempting, shame the coffers are bare ...
            Yep. Tempted by BARC too, although somewhat riskier. I think the read across from Deutsche and the like is being overdone. Yes, they are less appealing in a low-rate environment, but they are starting to get priced for failure. Dividends are increasingly appealing too so, if you're willing to stick it out, they're probably a good long-term hold at these levels.

Comment

Im down 16% YTD, topped up on Lloyds at 72p thinking it was low. Seriously considering a big banking splurge but who knows there could be another 25% in this rout?

Comment

I'm still buying steadily, global index on a value cost averaging basis, note - not Pound cost average (formula means you buy more if the price drops and less if it rises).
                Couple of investment trusts on automatic monthly payments which takes decision out of the process.
                GLA

Comment

Bought Lloyds yesterday, so expect them to further plummet imminently

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Bought Lloyds yesterday, so expect them to further plummet imminently
                    My break even on Llloyds is 43.85p, was nearly double that recently
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      My break even on Llloyds is 43.85p, was nearly double that recently

Banks not moving today, on a +ve for others.

I think they have a lot further to fall. Sentiment.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X