• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    won't be buying quiet as much premium London real estate
    Prices are still going to go up and up forever, though, aren't they
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Prices are still going to go up and up forever, though, aren't they
      Doubt it, even with GBP dropping further.

Only real estate in Birmingham will continue to go up in price forever....
      Last edited by AtW; 12 January 2016, 13:57.

Comment

Nah, they'll learn how to live with nice high price of 30 bucks, if you look at charts oil was 10-15 for a long period
        How long ago was that and what is the adjusted price for today, inflation taken into account?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Only real estate in Birmingham will continue to go up in price forever....
          I think you are just trying to influence the market.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            How long ago was that and what is the adjusted price for today, inflation taken into account?
            Oil chart -

15-20 bucks is normal price, it was in place just 12 years ago.

Inflation in most countries that produce oil is much higher locally, I lived in times when annual inflation was 2100%.

The world will be moving away from oil

Comment

Would $20 12 years ago equate to ~$30 today i.e. $30 is not a nice high price?

There are also a lot more people, using a lot more oil, than 12 years ago.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nah, they'll learn how to live with nice high price of 30 bucks,
                BP just cut 5% of its workforce (2k) suppose this will be the way of all oil companies until the price recovers
                Anyone near Aberdeen comment on how its affecting the local economy?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Would $20 12 years ago equate to ~$30 today i.e. $30 is not a nice high price?
                  Market price is based on supply and demand, just because there is high real inflation in UK does not give automatic pay increases to people.

Comment

I'm back in, now the house has fallen through. 8000 shares on Lloyds.

Looks like carnage on the banks for the last week or so.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I'm back in, now the house has fallen through. 8000 shares on Lloyds.

Looks like carnage on the banks for the last week or so.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X