• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    There is a reason its so cheap! Falling oil prices mean it may not have the cash to cover the dividend
    Always a risk, but the fall seems overdone to me. Dividend cover=2.83.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Always a risk, but the fall seems overdone to me. Dividend cover=2.83.
      They have said they want to maintain dividend, and willing to use credit to cover the shortfall of the price of Oil Stays below $60. On paper it seems a solid buy (I already hold both BP and RDSB but at much higher prices ) but solid buys have come undone before
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

“Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down
        Warren Buffet.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Oil and other commodities will come back. The greater the fall the faster and higher the recovery will be.

The thing that creates boom and bust in commodities is the lead time on investments.

Basically all new mining and oil exploration projects have now been binned, that's only happened in the last 6 months.

Glencore is a good buy because of it's position in Copper, so I'm still in there

Copper will recover the fastest. High quality copper is a lot scarcer than ire ore or coal.

Recovery in late 2016 and early 2017 or a year or two later if we slide into a world recession.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

BG looks a buy @ 916 and a cheap way into Shell although the 52 week range shows a low of 785 ... decisions decisions
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              BG looks a buy @ 916 and a cheap way into Shell although the 52 week range shows a low of 785 ... decisions decisions
              How do you work that one out? Its a cash and share offer and Shell's prices has fallen through the floor since the take over was announced
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Fill yer boots!

What about when the price halves and the yield is 14%?

Or the price goes to zero and the yield is infinity?

No, when shares half the yield will probably still be 7%...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  How do you work that one out? Its a cash and share offer and Shell's prices has fallen through the floor since the take over was announced
                  As my shaky maths see's it

1500 BG shares @ 916 = £13794

1500 BG shares gives you 383 pence in cash (£5745) and 0.4454 Shell B Shares = 681 shares = £9743

+

£15488

Correct?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    As my shaky maths see's it

1500 BG shares @ 916 = £13794

1500 BG shares gives you 383 pence in cash (£5745) and 0.4454 Shell B Shares = 681 shares = £9743

+

£15488

Correct?
                    A bit more complicated because of the cash bit. If Shell's shares go up between now and the exchange of shares and cash you might end up paying a premium.It's not a straight exchange. If it was then the price difference would be arbitraged out.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

RBS cries 'sell everything' as deflationary crisis nears - Telegraph

RBS has advised clients to brace for a “cataclysmic year” and a global deflationary crisis, warning that major stock markets could fall by a fifth and oil may plummet to $16 a barrel.

Comment

Working...
                      X