• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    One letters received fwd them to montp. Then will then appeal. I **think** we have 6-12 months.

However I am coming to the conclusion that panic is the best way forward...
    That's what I am hoping for I guess - a bit of notice to get it together. I don't want to arrange a re-mortgage until the time is really up.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
      That's what I am hoping for I guess - a bit of notice to get it together. I don't want to arrange a re-mortgage until the time is really up.
      Well I am hoping for a miracle. Like my lottery numbers to come up. Or someone using some common sense. I know which is more likely.

Comment

That's exactly the problem.

One letters received fwd them to montp. Then will then appeal. I **think** we have 6-12 months.

However I am coming to the conclusion that panic is the best way forward...
        None of us have a scooby "I **think**" is all we have. We have not been given any clear guidance as to what to expect when the final demands come through.

We've collectively now more more tulips coming our way than Amsterdam! Not sure that panic is the best way forward but it certainly feels like the only way forward right now!

Comment

Well I am hoping for a miracle. Like my lottery numbers to come up. Or someone using some common sense. I know which is more likely.
          Maybe we should all start a BN66 lottery syndicate.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
            None of us have a scooby "I **think**" is all we have. We have not been given any clear guidance as to what to expect when the final demands come through.

We've collectively now more more tulips coming our way than Amsterdam! Not sure that panic is the best way forward but it certainly feels like the only way forward right now!
            Well, the taxaid document that DR has put up gives a pretty comprehensive step by step guide as to what to expect when the final demand has come through, and the Tax Tribunal route has finished.

Anyone looking forward to the weekend should probably leave it til Monday to read.

Lets just wait and see what happens when these demands come out, and we send them to MP. They will no doubt issue a response, in fact, I'm sure they're still looking at the options.

Nothing has changed in the last 2 weeks and just because a revised demand will be sent out doesn't necessarily change the course that HMRC and MP have already stated.

Comment

Originally posted by RingStinger View Post
              Nothing has changed in the last 2 weeks and just because a revised demand will be sent out doesn't necessarily change the course that HMRC and MP have already stated.
              Quite. We have received such demands before... (albeit they were smaller then).

Comment

David Gauke

I have received the following from Mr Gauke's office;

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email and I will ensure that David sees it as soon as possible. In the mean time, I would appreciate it if you could confirm your full postal address. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
                xxxxxx

Do you think he wants to come for tea, or just check I have a for sale sign outside?
                Last edited by Goinroamin; 8 March 2012, 12:44.

Comment

Whats Puzzling Me

[..............is the status of the Steed/KPMG case: they have taken their proceedings direct to ECHR and bypassed the UK legal system. So, does that mean that HMRC have held off issuing final demands to their Clients or what? It would be interesting to know how the people affected here are being treated and if any "understandings" have been reached.

Comment

Nice

Looks like our letter writing may be having some effect:

MPs to probe the likes of BN66 :: Contractor UK
                    Last edited by nevergiveup; 8 March 2012, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                      Looks like our letter writing may be having some effect:

MPs to probe the likes of BN66 :: Contractor UK
                      "Contractors seem likely to be disappointed too, because the committee’s focus will be on the moves from the authorities to retrospectively tax “institutions,” The Daily Telegraph reported, rather than individuals or companies."

I think we need to change their focus.

Maybe when this meeting happens, a noisy crowd of us should stand outside of parliament waving placards.

Just a thought...
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 8 March 2012, 13:24.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X