• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bananarepublic View Post
    I've no idea what it is, but apparently there is an argument against the levy of NI on the trust income. Prior to receipt of closure notices and S58, HMRC provided me with a "statement" of the interest I owed, but never mentioned NI. But hey presto they chucked it on post S58 - they really want to stiff us.

Anyway, we could appeal the NI aspect - might enable us to defer payment on it for a while - long enough to scrape the cash together - would help me out.
    Maybe this has nothing to do with 'collecting Taxes for the state' its individuals working on this case collecting their bonuses, the more they collect the bigger the bonus. I wonder if its shared and with whom ? not for one minute insinuating our civil servents are corrupt.

Letter being sent into my MP.
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Could someone remind me of Frank Field's analogy of MP's obeying the rules at the time during the expenses scandal and speed limits being changed retrospectively - I want to include it in the letter to my MP.

Cheers
      Fred

Comment

Originally posted by WavesAtPlay View Post
        This may be a last resort but I highly recommend everyone read the information in the link below relating to "legal fictions" and the illusion of the "strawman".

Law & Order

A Statute is a rule created by a representative governing body of a society designed to create common goals, which carries the force of law by the consent of the governed. This means that a Statute only applies to you if you give your consent to it.

I have not seen this but apparently there is a good video Meet Your Strawman! - YouTube which explains the fiction of the strawman legal document.
        Interesting.

I've heard people speak about this before.

So when replying to a summons (invite) or a debt recovery letter, or final reminder, where you do not agree with the claim being made against you (controversy), you need to reply using 'conditional agreement' subject to certain claims being made against you being proved 'lawfully' by the claimant, such as that your legal fiction is the same as you the living being. A stated time for response and rebuttal of your proof of claim (from claimant) should be given, with a clear understanding that failure to respond in that time constitutes tacit agreement or estoppel by acquiescence, whilst you maintain full honour in law.

Everything is contract,
        No contract = no statute

Is there an implicit contract to pay whatever taxes the state deems?

Could this work? If so I would expect to see everyone trying this on all the time (I have seen a Youtube video of a guy spouting this while filming it on his phone. The police officer was trying to get him to get out of the car and issue fines etc. The guy kept quoting laws such as this. The police officer gave up eventually).

Comment

CTD

Still worth getting or has the horse bolted?

Comment

Even if your MP does nothing more than write to Gauke it's worth it.

He needs to know that if HMRC mishandle things over the coming months this will land on his desk.

HM Revenue and Customs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Treasury Minister responsible for HMRC is the Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke MP.

Comment

Echr - 2013

Lurking for a long time, first post. Sent a letter to my MP and requested an appointment, will be sending a letter to TC as well.

Any update on the appeal to ECHR and I thought timelines for the first, lower tribunals were 2013

Comment

Treasury committee email sent

for what it's worth I've sent them an email, explained my personal circumstances and attached a picture of the family.

it's got me thinking, how about a web site, very basic one or two pages, with the caption:

"We face bankruptcy due to HMRC negliglence and retrospective taxes"

On the front page we could cover it in all our family pictures.

Make it personal and let all the news outlets know of it.
                Last edited by lucozade; 8 March 2012, 10:14.

Comment

WebSite

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                  for what it's worth I've sent them an email, explained my personal circumstances and attached a picture of the family.

it's got me thinking, how about a web site, very basic one or two pages, with the caption:

"We face bankruptcy due to HMRC negliglence and retrospective taxes"

On the front page we could cover it in all our family pictures.

Make it personal and let all the news outlets know of it.
                  I think this is a great Idea and would have done so a long time ago if Web design was my thing. Is there anyone that can volunteer for this. I for one would happily contribute towards any costs and good chunk of advertising so anyone searching for Conservative, David Gauke, HMRC or like would see this website at the top of the results.

All my letters have been sent

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    And in case you needed any motivation...

1) Montpelier have heard from a couple of clients, who spoke to HMRC, that HMRC are getting ready to send out 3000 tax demands in the next 4 weeks.

2) I have also heard that HMRC are planning to set up a dedicated unit in DMB, just for the scheme, to deal with enforcement/collection.
                    I'm going to have to sell all my investments, arrange re-mortgage, loans etc to find the money for all of this. If the letters are on the way - should I be starting to gather the money into one place now ? Or am I panicking ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                      I'm going to have to sell all my investments, arrange re-mortgage, loans etc to find the money for all of this. If the letters are on the way - should I be starting to gather the money into one place now ? Or am I panicking ?
                      One letters received fwd them to montp. Then will then appeal. I **think** we have 6-12 months.

However I am coming to the conclusion that panic is the best way forward...

Comment

Working...
                      X