• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Hello

Clearsky Accounting have written to me informing me that their prices are going up from £66 (ex VAT) to £120 (ex VAT) per month from 1st June. Obviously this is taking the p1ss a bit too much, so can anyone recommend an alternative to Clearsky?

Thanks in advance :-)

No wonder ClearSky are advertising so hard - massive price rises

I just got a letter from them saying they are about to double the amount they charge me, as their freeze on fixed-price accountancy ends. This freeze has only been in place 3 years so 100% increase in 3 years is a pretty sweet deal for them... can't imagine many of us can do a year-on-year increase of 25% to our rates (actually it's more like 26%).

I've been pretty happy with the service but they have to be hoping I let it go through automatically... must be others here in the same boat, what are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I just got a letter from them saying they are about to double the amount they charge me, as their freeze on fixed-price accountancy ends. This freeze has only been in place 3 years so 100% increase in 3 years is a pretty sweet deal for them... can't imagine many of us can do a year-on-year increase of 25% to our rates (actually it's more like 26%).

I've been pretty happy with the service but they have to be hoping I let it go through automatically... must be others here in the same boat, what are your thoughts?
      Got the same letter this morning. Not happy. I will be looking for something cheaper.

Comment

Oh!

I expect mine will be on the door mat when I get home.

Will check it out.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Looking for another clearsky replacement asap

Got my letter this morning and am furious. Started to look for another accounting company. Is 2 weeks notice sufficient since I signed up with Quay prior to the takeover?
          Vote with your feet.

Comment

Clearsky Price hike

Have been quite encouraged by the competition out there. Already found other companies ie Nixon Williams or K&B Accounting who offer the full package for £75 plus vat.

Comment

Clearsky have £95/120 packages, I don't fully understand the difference but they are planning to switch me to the £120 one, with 2 free months if I sign up for a year which works out £100. I looked at SJD and they appear to work at £95, so the 1-year deal might not be too bad if they literally do everything for me.

Has anyone tried complaining at Clearsky yet, I wonder if it's like mobile phones where you can argue a better deal? I certainly don't intend to pay >£100/month, planning my next step.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I can recommend AccountsNet. Very happy with them.

Comment

Just spoke to Derek Kelly MD clearsky, no help at all. Will move my business asa I find another suitable accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy1915 View Post
                    Have been quite encouraged by the competition out there. Already found other companies ie Nixon Williams or K&B Accounting who offer the full package for £75 plus vat.
                    I can recommend Nixon Williams.

Comment

Working...
                    X