• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the guys with the really annoying football ads down the side of this site and across the top.

obviously advertising on CUK is more expensive than anyone thought.....

Apparently they get a real kick out of helping you to succeed.

I guess some of you on here may disagree?

Comment

please PM if you want to introduce me to your accountancy and split the referral.
      Will do you 20%

Comment

Grants CA

I can also vouch for Grants CA, as a contractor for over 8 years I had a bad experience with my accountants, about 1 year ago I contacted Grants CA, Craig talked me through all the options, sorted out my old company set up a new one and has all my tax affairs well in order. It’s a very personal service they offer which I think is hard to find these days! They do varying levels of service depending on what your requirements are, I pay for the full service because that suits me but they are well worth a look…..I, like MikeB would strongly recommend you give them a call

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
        Hi,
        I went with Quay when I started up in 2005, paying £66 and actually ended up moving as I wasn't very impressed with the service. I've been with Grants CA for over 3 years now and am delighted with the service I get, very reliable and friendly. I pay around £90 (inc VAT) per month

Grants CA

Cheers,

Mike
        Last edited by administrator; 19 May 2010, 15:51. Reason: Link removed.

Comment

Originally posted by KenSwain2 View Post
          You could check out InTouch Accounting where I found my old ClearSky Account Handler. All inc service £75 a month and two free. Works for me. KS
          KS, do you want to recommend me to InTouch and go 50/50 on the recommendation fee of £75?
          Last edited by ojock; 19 May 2010, 13:51.

Comment

He gave several excuses about the price having stayed static for over several years and of course the IR35 excuse.
            He also insisted that I give 1 months notice to Clearsky which I will not since they are in breach of contract for not giving us 1 months notice of their price increase.
            I have already emailed them my 2 weeks notice to terminate contract and will move to AccountsNet for £65om plus vat for the full package.
            Also contacted my bank and cancelled my direct debit with Clearsky incase they think they can earn £120pm from me.
            We contractors are not the odiots they think we are.
            VOTE WITH YOUR FEET!

Oh, I also complained to PCG about Clearsky's unethical works practice and asked them to remove the companie from the accreditations list. We don't need a company like this being reccomended to other contractors.
            Please support me by complaining to PCG.

Comment

erm...how come nobody wants to co-ordinate moving all the ex Clearsky people to their existing accountants?
              Money for nothing.....!!!!

Comment

I'm moving to Intouch Accounting -- £75 per month

with 2 months free if you sign up by end of May.
                Last edited by administrator; 20 May 2010, 14:22. Reason: Link removed. Enough of the spam please.

Comment

oh look....Clare Rickman...she did me at Quay

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy1915 View Post
                    will move to AccountsNet for £65om plus vat for the full package.
                    You won't be disappointed.

I wonder if I keep plugging them, will I get a referral fee or some wine or something...

Comment

Got my increase notice through the door.

Will leave it until after my year end in May, then move.

Yes intouchaccounting looks tempting as my old account manager fro Quay is there. Will wait for now.

What actually happens with all the paper work they have accrued, invoices, statements, reciepts, returns etc.. Do they send that back to you to forward to you new accountant?
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X