• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was leaving Clearsky already..

Clearsky's service has gone way down since my account manager left to join Intouch Accounting. The new guy kept mis-spelling my name in emails even though I corrected him. When I gave them notice they did not even acknowledge my email. I sent a reminder a week later which they finally replied to - with no apology for the delay.

It seems to me that all their focus is on the new clients that the "bouncing football" ads bring in and they just want to milk their existing customer base. Vote with your feet.

Originally posted by monkeychops View Post
    Hello

Clearsky Accounting have written to me informing me that their prices are going up from £66 (ex VAT) to £120 (ex VAT) per month from 1st June. Obviously this is taking the p1ss a bit too much, so can anyone recommend an alternative to Clearsky?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comment

Accountants

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      What actually happens with all the paper work they have accrued, invoices, statements, reciepts, returns etc.. Do they send that back to you to forward to you new accountant?
      Tends to be sent to the new accountants on receipt of a professional clearance letter, along with copies of previous accounts, tax returns and copies of working papers.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
        Tends to be sent to the new accountants on receipt of a professional clearance letter, along with copies of previous accounts, tax returns and copies of working papers.
        ...though I could request, and they should comply, that they send it all to me though? would like to check it all over

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          ...though I could request, and they should comply, that they send it all to me though? would like to check it all over
          It's your paperwork, you can request to have it sent to you. Your new Accountant may ask you for some of it though.

Comment

Accountants

Originally posted by Olly View Post
            Yep, as Sally says, it's your paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy1915 View Post
              He gave several excuses about the price having stayed static for over several years and of course the IR35 excuse.
              He also insisted that I give 1 months notice to Clearsky which I will not since they are in breach of contract for not giving us 1 months notice of their price increase.
              I have already emailed them my 2 weeks notice to terminate contract and will move to AccountsNet for £65om plus vat for the full package.
              Also contacted my bank and cancelled my direct debit with Clearsky incase they think they can earn £120pm from me.
              We contractors are not the odiots they think we are.
              VOTE WITH YOUR FEET!

Oh, I also complained to PCG about Clearsky's unethical works practice and asked them to remove the companie from the accreditations list. We don't need a company like this being reccomended to other contractors.
              Please support me by complaining to PCG
              I think this page from the PCG website may be of interest

PCG Umbrella | PCG

Comment

Sorry?What's unethical about putting up your prices.

They did, I'm miffed, I'll leave.

If I was them and I believed in some possibily flawed model that the changes will make more profit then I'd put up my prices too.

This shouldn't be a witch hunt...just rather annoyed a company whose services I use for a while are not forcing me to look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I think this page from the PCG website may be of interest

PCG Umbrella | PCG
                  The PCG accreditation is gained by undertaking a course on IR35. Then followed by submitting a contract review and a technical essay. If you pass these, you then become accredited. Each practice has to have two members passed to get it.

It has nothing to do with how good the company is, or ethical, merely to prove their knowledge and compliance on IR35 issues.

Comment

Verity

I rang them today and was reminded that when I joined I was using the Verity scheme which also had other charges built in - was actually more when I looked back than the £95 they offered me today. Not saying it's right but I had forgotten how the old Quay charges worked.

I have found service to be fine tbh

Comment

is it just me but is the PCG a fraction of what it ought to be

Comment

Working...
                      X