• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=d000hg;1189811]"we had to do this to afford good staff" and "cheaper providers are using cheap, crap people"QUOTE]

More like: "we had to do this because the parent company insist on large profits" which is fair enough. I know that you can run a very profitable accounting firm servicing only contractors charging less than £100 per month.

Comment

I'm sure I recieved a letter saying they would not charge me for November and December, yet they took the money out, maybe i'll sign up to 1 of the many acountants that left them last few years

Comment

It's interesting to read through this old thread to see how many people jumped ship. I got my letter back in April/May and immediately rang them up to complain about the increase. I switched to InTouch within 24 hours and terminated with ClearSky.
        As I was at year end anyway, it was convenient to do so, and I have to say that ClearSky have finished off my SATR and Company accounts professionally.

Having switched to InTouch, with their more modern portal-based input, as opposed to CS' primitive spreadsheet and having to scan all the invoices, I've saved hours every month on my submissions.

So, a big thanks and Goodbye to ClearSky, you did me a big favour!

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
          It's interesting to read through this old thread to see how many people jumped ship. I got my letter back in April/May and immediately rang them up to complain about the increase. I switched to InTouch within 24 hours and terminated with ClearSky.
          As I was at year end anyway, it was convenient to do so, and I have to say that ClearSky have finished off my SATR and Company accounts professionally.

Having switched to InTouch, with their more modern portal-based input, as opposed to CS' primitive spreadsheet and having to scan all the invoices, I've saved hours every month on my submissions.

So, a big thanks and Goodbye to ClearSky, you did me a big favour!
          Exactly the same here. ClearSky have continued to be helpful, but InTouch have been great so far and also a more personal touch - though that's probably since they're a smaller company and no doubt if they grow a lot, that could change.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Exactly the same for me

I found it's much quicker too

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Exactly the same here. ClearSky have continued to be helpful, but InTouch have been great so far and also a more personal touch - though that's probably since they're a smaller company and no doubt if they grow a lot, that could change.
            Exactly the same for me - InTouch logged onto my HMRC portal thingy and submitted my CT return for me (I'd f***ed it up being in wrong financial year or something)
            And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

We'll have to start paying you guys commission at this rate
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
              X