• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike"

Collapse

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    We'll have to start paying you guys commission at this rate

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
    It's interesting to read through this old thread to see how many people jumped ship. I got my letter back in April/May and immediately rang them up to complain about the increase. I switched to InTouch within 24 hours and terminated with ClearSky.
    As I was at year end anyway, it was convenient to do so, and I have to say that ClearSky have finished off my SATR and Company accounts professionally.
    Exactly the same for me

Having switched to InTouch, with their more modern portal-based input, as opposed to CS' primitive spreadsheet and having to scan all the invoices, I've saved hours every month on my submissions.
    I found it's much quicker too

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Exactly the same here. ClearSky have continued to be helpful, but InTouch have been great so far and also a more personal touch - though that's probably since they're a smaller company and no doubt if they grow a lot, that could change.
    Exactly the same for me - InTouch logged onto my HMRC portal thingy and submitted my CT return for me (I'd f***ed it up being in wrong financial year or something)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's interesting to read through this old thread to see how many people jumped ship. I got my letter back in April/May and immediately rang them up to complain about the increase. I switched to InTouch within 24 hours and terminated with ClearSky.
    As I was at year end anyway, it was convenient to do so, and I have to say that ClearSky have finished off my SATR and Company accounts professionally.

Having switched to InTouch, with their more modern portal-based input, as opposed to CS' primitive spreadsheet and having to scan all the invoices, I've saved hours every month on my submissions.

So, a big thanks and Goodbye to ClearSky, you did me a big favour!
    Exactly the same here. ClearSky have continued to be helpful, but InTouch have been great so far and also a more personal touch - though that's probably since they're a smaller company and no doubt if they grow a lot, that could change.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied

So, a big thanks and Goodbye to ClearSky, you did me a big favour!

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied
    I'm sure I recieved a letter saying they would not charge me for November and December, yet they took the money out, maybe i'll sign up to 1 of the many acountants that left them last few years

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    [QUOTE=d000hg;1189811]"we had to do this to afford good staff" and "cheaper providers are using cheap, crap people"QUOTE]

More like: "we had to do this because the parent company insist on large profits" which is fair enough. I know that you can run a very profitable accounting firm servicing only contractors charging less than £100 per month.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I thought I'd post an update as one of the people who was put out by the big price increase.

I contacted the MD (I think it was the MD) by email stating I was happy with their service but not happy with the sudden and huge increase. I got an email back basically saying "we made it clear when we froze the prices they'd go up" and "we had to do this to afford good staff" and "cheaper providers are using cheap, crap people". I don't really think I agreed but a response was nice at least.

Since then they've continued to be helpful with my outstanding annual accounts and handover. So in summary, I'd happily use ClearSky but not at £120/month.

Leave a comment:

• Stag Cozier
    replied
    I wonder whether people have tried complaining to their service providers directly before airing it on a public forum. My advice is always go to the top!

Leave a comment:

• Steven@Parasol
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    wow sent them 3 or 4 important emails over the last 2 weeks and they haven't responded to any of them and yet im paying twice the amount i was 4months ago!
    Hi there,

You can DM here or contact me at [email protected] with your complaint and I will pick this up for you immediately.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied
    wow sent them 3 or 4 important emails over the last 2 weeks and they haven't responded to any of them and yet im paying twice the amount i was 4months ago!

Leave a comment:

• Steven@Parasol
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gb0y View Post
    Waiting to see how Clearsky respond to my complaint;

Took Clearsky two months to tell that they have a query with my account.

Clearsky failed to reply at all to my chase-up emails, requesting an update

Clearsky promised but never returned my call.

Will Update this board but I have already started investigating other firms accountants.

Never had any problems before with Quay, for half the costs
    BiGboy

I've not heard back from you re your complaint. Have you had any other response yet or can I take it you are sorted?

let me know

Leave a comment:

• Steven@Parasol
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven@Parasol View Post
    Hi there

I am the PR manager for ClearSky. If you want to PM me on here with you complaint or email me at [email protected] I will pick this up for you.

I will also PM you my direct dial number now.

Steven
    Sorry, as you are new to the forum it would seem I can't PM you. If you drop me an email with your number on I will give you a call back.

Leave a comment:

• Steven@Parasol
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gb0y View Post

Will Update this board but I have already started investigating other firms accountants.

Hi there

I am the PR manager for ClearSky. If you want to PM me on here with you complaint or email me at [email protected] I will pick this up for you.

I will also PM you my direct dial number now.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• b1gb0y
    replied
    Control & communication

Leave a comment:

• wacky77
    replied
    Originally posted by SackmanandCo View Post
    As an outsider looking in- what do you look for from an accountant?
    Obvious one - but chartered.

What services they provide and what they don't so you are clear from the start.

How many contractors do they actually deal with?

Get proper advice on IR35 - yeah it will cost you but you can offset it as a business expense. Trust me its worth it in the long run. Ended up owing £££ because I took advice from an accountant who told me it didn't apply. learning the hard way isn't actually that much fun

They all pretty much do the same - calculate how much you gotta pay the big man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X