• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky accounting (formerly Quay) - price hike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message to the OP

Hi All,
    <mod>

Hi Paul!

Please read the T&Cs regarding advertising on this forum. If you want to change your ID to Paul@myco and help people with their accounting queries please feel free, ask admin and they'll do it for you.

I'm also not too impressed with you resuscitating an old thread to advertise but I'll let that one go.

Thanks!
    <\mod>

Comment

Originally posted by SackmanandCo View Post
      As an outsider looking in- what do you look for from an accountant?
      Obvious one - but chartered.

What services they provide and what they don't so you are clear from the start.

How many contractors do they actually deal with?

Get proper advice on IR35 - yeah it will cost you but you can offset it as a business expense. Trust me its worth it in the long run. Ended up owing £££ because I took advice from an accountant who told me it didn't apply. learning the hard way isn't actually that much fun

They all pretty much do the same - calculate how much you gotta pay the big man.

Comment

Control &amp; communication

Waiting to see how Clearsky respond to my complaint;

Took Clearsky two months to tell that they have a query with my account.

Clearsky failed to reply at all to my chase-up emails, requesting an update

Clearsky promised but never returned my call.

Will Update this board but I have already started investigating other firms accountants.

Never had any problems before with Quay, for half the costs

Comment

Originally posted by b1gb0y View Post

Will Update this board but I have already started investigating other firms accountants.

Hi there

I am the PR manager for ClearSky. If you want to PM me on here with you complaint or email me at [email protected] I will pick this up for you.

I will also PM you my direct dial number now.

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Steven@Parasol View Post
            Hi there

I am the PR manager for ClearSky. If you want to PM me on here with you complaint or email me at [email protected] I will pick this up for you.

I will also PM you my direct dial number now.

Steven
            Sorry, as you are new to the forum it would seem I can't PM you. If you drop me an email with your number on I will give you a call back.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gb0y View Post

BiGboy

I've not heard back from you re your complaint. Have you had any other response yet or can I take it you are sorted?

let me know

Comment

wow sent them 3 or 4 important emails over the last 2 weeks and they haven't responded to any of them and yet im paying twice the amount i was 4months ago!

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
                  wow sent them 3 or 4 important emails over the last 2 weeks and they haven't responded to any of them and yet im paying twice the amount i was 4months ago!
                  Hi there,

You can DM here or contact me at [email protected] with your complaint and I will pick this up for you immediately.

Steven

Comment

I wonder whether people have tried complaining to their service providers directly before airing it on a public forum. My advice is always go to the top!

Comment

I thought I'd post an update as one of the people who was put out by the big price increase.

I contacted the MD (I think it was the MD) by email stating I was happy with their service but not happy with the sudden and huge increase. I got an email back basically saying "we made it clear when we froze the prices they'd go up" and "we had to do this to afford good staff" and "cheaper providers are using cheap, crap people". I don't really think I agreed but a response was nice at least.

Since then they've continued to be helpful with my outstanding annual accounts and handover. So in summary, I'd happily use ClearSky but not at £120/month.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X