• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can an Agency force me to use an FCSA Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phes View Post
    Has anyone on this thread done some digging on the FCSA?

The directors of the umbrellas that are ALWAYS on the agency's list of approved umbrellas are all previous directors of the FCSA;

Martin Hesketh - Brookson
    Barry Roback - JSA
    Graham Fisher - Orange Genie
    Matthew Brown - Giant
    John Whelan - Paystream

The FCSA is just an extorsion racket that penalises contractors like us!

At least with a Professional Passport umbrella we can give ourselves a chance at keeping our wages... till HMRC come knocking.
    Hmmm Brookson. I heard rumours of a precarious financial position a while back.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

The directors of the umbrellas that are ALWAYS on the agency's list of approved umbrellas are all previous directors of the FCSA;
      digging???? You mean a basic understanding that it's a membership body? Like it says on the front page of their web site. That's not exactly digging.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Barry Roback - JSA
        Matthew Brown - Giant
        John Whelan - Paystream

At least with a Professional Passport umbrella we can give ourselves a chance at keeping our wages... till HMRC come knocking.
        In your case we’ll merely point and laugh when that happens.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Barry Roback - JSA
          Matthew Brown - Giant
          John Whelan - Paystream

As a membership lead organisation the FCSA will always have a director or 2 who is also the director of a member Umbrella firm.

As for Professional passport - while way better than it used to be, there does seem to be a habit of members quietly disappearing without comment.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

As a membership lead organisation the FCSA will always have a director or 2 who is also the director of a member Umbrella firm.

As for Professional passport - while way better than it used to be, there does seem to be a habit of members quietly disappearing without comment.
            Why do they not name and shame the umbrellas that are found to be nefarious?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

In your case we’ll merely point and laugh when that happens.
              How many of these umbrellas do you recognised from the professional passport lists of "accredited" umbrellas?

https://opencorporates.com/corporate...p+of+Companies

Comment

Why do they not name and shame the umbrellas that are found to be nefarious?
                Because that way lies very expensive court cases - so PP just removes them from the list and other firms pick up and report their removal to agencies...

Comment

How many of these umbrellas do you recognised from the professional passport lists of "accredited" umbrellas?

https://opencorporates.com/corporate...p+of+Companies
                  Which ones were listed at some point? - I really can't be bothered to phone Crawford up and annoy him by asking...

I'm also at a complete loss here as to what you are trying to say / do here - one moment you say PP is better than FCSA (not difficult) and now you are having a go at PP...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Which ones were listed at some point? - I really can't be bothered to phone Crawford up and annoy him by asking...

I'm also at a complete loss here as to what you are trying to say / do here - one moment you say PP is better than FCSA (not difficult) and now you are having a go at PP...
                    I do not believe on is better than the other at all. I am seeking to achieve some bellyaching. Mission accomplished!

Comment

I do not believe on is better than the other at all. I am seeking to achieve some bellyaching. Mission accomplished!
                      Do you mean you wished to cause bellyaching in others, or that you wished to bellyache?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X