• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can an Agency force me to use an FCSA Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javalife View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I have spoken to a lot of Umbrella's and there seems to be something fishy.. One Umbrella told me FCSA is buying the PSL, another said something about the recent BBC report on FCSA and that Agencies and Umbrellas have been splitting the Furlough and Holiday pay which has not been paid to the person.. not sure the truth anymore, but I can clearly see a pattern. I think the Government needs to step in and sort this out
    We've been saying that for a long time. Trouble is they, like many companies and especially lazy agencies, have bought the fib that FCSA accreditation means something. That many are faffing around with holiday pay, charging Apprentice Levy when then are nowhere near the turnover limit and failing to provide honest and reconcilable KIDs rather says that it doesn't.

There are a very few solid and honest umbrellas out there. We don't recommend Clarity for fun.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I had same fcsa pressure when I started out and go no where with my agency so went fcsa and regretted it and now fighting for my holiday back. my agency is taking no blame so also complaining to the EASI. Seen today that the BEIS doesn't think much of the fcsa either. Good ridens if you ask me https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dave-...99320320-iQ_S/

Comment

Why would any agency be so adamant to use an FCSA umbrella?

I had the same thing put to me so I did some research and found this article on IWORK: https://iwork.co.uk/agency-workers/c...gh-their-psls/ and gave it to my agency and mentioned the holiday pay scandal and they did a u-turn within minutes.

So if you push hard enough with the right points we can get somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          ...We don't recommend Clarity for fun.
          Let me guess, you recommend Clarity because you're on a kickback

Comment

Originally posted by mangled View Post
            Sadly no... but if Lucy is reading this nudge nudge....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Sadly no... but if Lucy is reading this nudge nudge....
              feck off! I suggested them first! back of the bloomin' queue mate...

Comment

Originally posted by mangled View Post
                FWIW I've never used an umbrella in 26 years of contracting, and I've never recommended anyone (or anything) in expectation of a reward. All I try to do is offer an honest opinion where it matters, usually from research or personal knowledge.

You, however, are merely an anonymous irritation. Go back to your hole.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post
                  Why would any agency be so adamant to use an FCSA umbrella?

I had the same thing put to me so I did some research and found this article on IWORK: https://iwork.co.uk/agency-workers/c...gh-their-psls/ and gave it to my agency and mentioned the holiday pay scandal and they did a u-turn within minutes.

So if you push hard enough with the right points we can get somewhere
                  TBH i think it will have been the holiday pay point more than that article unless I've missed the point as that article seemed to be saying the agency can do what it wants

Comment

For certain roles, such as those that requiring clearance(s), the contract with the agency and end client can indeed enforce the use of a specific approved umbrella list. These are very likely to all be FCSA approved. They aren't approved by the FCSA, but are rather not disallowed.

Comment

Originally posted by proudgeneralist View Post
                      For certain roles, such as those that requiring clearance(s), the contract with the agency and end client can indeed enforce the use of a specific approved umbrella list. These are very likely to all be FCSA approved. They aren't approved by the FCSA, but are rather not disallowed.
                      So totally meaningless then...

BTW why would an umbrella be anywhere near classified material. They wouldn't even necessarily know who was paying them.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X