• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IFA recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Didn't you use and also recommend the accounting firm of which Darren Upton's was a recent illegal presence within?
    No I don't, didn't and haven't.

Please check your facts before you go making such accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

even if it was true, IFAs are heavily regulated these days, unlike accountants.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Apologies! The rest of my post still stands: people should do their own very detailed research and take recommendations with a pinch of salt. Even without the accountant debacle (which may have seen Mudskipper involved in recommendations) I would have thought that a semi-anonymous forum would mean that people requiring recommendations for £200k to multimillion pound pension outputs would see even more people doing their own detailed research rather than seemingly random IFAs being thrown around.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Apologies! The rest of my post still stands: people should do their own very detailed research and take recommendations with a pinch of salt. Even without the accountant debacle (which may have seen Mudskipper involved in recommendations) I would have thought that a semi-anonymous forum would mean that people requiring recommendations for £200k to multimillion pound pension outputs would see even more people doing their own detailed research rather than seemingly random IFAs being thrown around.
          I do think you're over egging this.

OP asked for a recommendation. A recommendation was given. The OP has asked for a call back to check them out and see if the recommendation is going to be any good for them.

IPSE list Forum Wealth on their website as a contractor focussed IFA and I'd hope they wouldn't recommend a firm that's dodgy (although they too have listed some questionable accountants in the past).

Comment

Well I can’t say they’re good or bad …. never got back to my enquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
              Well I can’t say they’re good or bad …. never got back to my enquiry.
              How bizarre. I have just received an email from him about an annual review so they're still operating.

I'll PM you his direct email address and see if that works.

Comment

Can't help but think that the OP doesn't need an IFA, he needs a decent Wealth Management company...

A selection of IFAs over the years proved more trouble than they were worth. The WM people I use (and no, I'm not passing that on) have organised a fund that increases year on year at a rate well above inflation despite their fees (not very much of them, a couple of hundred each quarter) and me taking a pension from it.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Can't help but think that the OP doesn't need an IFA, he needs a decent Wealth Management company...

A selection of IFAs over the years proved more trouble than they were worth. The WM people I use (and no, I'm not passing that on) have organised a fund that increases year on year at a rate well above inflation despite their fees (not very much of them, a couple of hundred each quarter) and me taking a pension from it.
                  And why would this miracle bernard madoff exclusive WM be so valuable so as not to name this fund which grows risk free year on year?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

And why would this miracle bernard madoff exclusive WM be so valuable so as not to name this fund which grows risk free year on year?
                    I didn't say that. I don't want to name the company. And it's not one fund. And nothing's risk free.

Apart from that, it's none of your business. I was merely offering an alternative option for the OP's question.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

Well, as Bernie Madoff didn't say, "if it seems to good to be true, it isn't ".
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X