• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A business current account that does your accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by condon View Post
    I found this thread long after it was alive because I have been thinking how useful something like this would be and decided to do some research online.

I'm with Clearsky Accounting, for my sins, and use the online/app only Tide business bank account. The way Clearsky operate feels so antiquated, asking me for screenshots, csv files. If only there was a way that the Tide app could do what Clearsky does, surely I wouldn't need them or have to pay them exorbitant fees. It appears that much of what Clearsky does could be automated as part of the business bank account app. I use the word 'appear' as perhaps they're doing a lot more than I realise.

I'm fairly new to contracting so am yet to go through a whole cycle of tax paying in this way. Help me out though, am I missing some great value that these accountants are doing?

An app that can minimise accountancy fees and general admin faffing around sounds like a great idea to me.
    You should use FreeAgent. Tide integrates with it.

Comment

So basically people want to work through a limited company but CBA to handle the minutes of work a month that it entails and want to hand it all over to someone else who will charge them less than an accountant that they can watch through their phone?

Perhaps they should go away and read the history and current state of the MSC legislation. Because all they will achieve is full PAYE and NICs on all TheirCo's income.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by condon View Post
        I found this thread long after it was alive because I have been thinking how useful something like this would be and decided to do some research online.

I'm with Clearsky Accounting, for my sins, and use the online/app only Tide business bank account. The way Clearsky operate feels so antiquated, asking me for screenshots, csv files. If only there was a way that the Tide app could do what Clearsky does, surely I wouldn't need them or have to pay them exorbitant fees. It appears that much of what Clearsky does could be automated as part of the business bank account app. I use the word 'appear' as perhaps they're doing a lot more than I realise.

I'm fairly new to contracting so am yet to go through a whole cycle of tax paying in this way. Help me out though, am I missing some great value that these accountants are doing?

An app that can minimise accountancy fees and general admin faffing around sounds like a great idea to me.
        That app already exists. It is called FreeAgent. All leading edge contractor accounting firms use it. Sign up for the free trial and see what you're missing out on.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by timfouracre View Post
          I’d really appreciate your comments, positive or negative. Thanks!
          Honest reply, any company that has the registered address 20-22 wenlock rd would get a wide berth from me due to the bad press if that address. Just google the address and you will see what I mean.

I see you have won some CUK award. Might be an idea to change your business address.

Comment

Originally posted by LoanCharged View Post
            Honest reply, any company that has the registered address 20-22 wenlock rd would get a wide berth from me due to the bad press if that address. Just google the address and you will see what I mean.

I see you have won some CUK award. Might be an idea to change your business address.
            Dead thread resurrection alert!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              To start a challenger bank needs a few hundred million £ in capital. One would have thought that with this sort of backing, a business plan slightly more advanced than “HSBC+sage and ask around a few forums peopled by cynical gits” would be needed.
              So can you share more details of the plan to get some interest?
              Or do you not have a few hundred million yet?
              Interestingly, something does seem to exist, though its not clear where its still vapourware.

Countingup - Business bank account for freelancers, startups, sole traders, contractors & self-employed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Dead thread resurrection alert!
                Done to get a snarky dig in by the looks of it.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  Interestingly, something does seem to exist, though its not clear where its still vapourware.

Countingup - Business bank account for freelancers, startups, sole traders, contractors & self-employed
                  They’re not a bank...

“PPS holds an amount equivalent to the money in Countingup current accounts in a safeguarding account with Barclays Bank PLC “

Nothing about your money being FSCS protected either...
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I used to use QDOS and metro. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      They’re not a bank...

“PPS holds an amount equivalent to the money in Countingup current accounts in a safeguarding account with Barclays Bank PLC “

Nothing about your money being FSCS protected either...
                      I know, was just interesting after the first few disparaging replies a couple of years back. You can pretty much guarantee there will be no fun, FSCS protecting for each individual.

Comment

Working...
                      X