• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
    i think if there is surplus cash the first 15k should be set aside and used to send DR and santa on a nice holiday
    +1

Comment

if you read the sign up instructions it tells you when you will be given conifrmation of what ....
      Thanks, I must have skipped over that line...

Comment

i think if there is surplus cash the first 15k should be set aside and used to send DR and santa on a nice holiday
        LOL, I'll graciously refuse.

Let's not forget all the hard work going on behind the scenes from our chairman and the rest of the Steering Group.

We all have our individual strengths - it really is a great team behind this operation.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I disagree. I think we should reimburse George for the part of his tax demand that he had to stump up.

Comment

can anyone tell me the difference between years suspended on appeal and a year where ' the enquiry for that year is still open ? '
            Are we meant to have any of the latter ?

my latest year 07/08 seems to be in that state

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
              I was in the MP scheme but am not currently a member of NTRT.

Isn't it the case that it doesn't matter which appeal wins (Huitson, Shiner or NTRT) because everyone in the scheme will benefit from the precedent anyway?

£1200 is quite a lot of money to fork out if it's not necessary.
              Yeah, I suppose it is if you work for HMRC...

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                I disagree. I think we should reimburse George for the part of his tax demand that he had to stump up.
                So long as he agree's to declare it on his tax retunrn

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                  i think george has done alright on the tax front .... but i guess it we all get to zero there is sense in what you say, but they dont have to be mutually exclusive

Comment

What ever the Steering Goup thinks best.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    LOL, I'll graciously refuse.

Let's not forget all the hard work going on behind the scenes from our chairman and the rest of the Steering Group.

We all have our individual strengths - it really is a great team behind this operation.
                    I would lke to say that for my share of any surplus I will be more tan happy to let the Steeing Group decide how best to use the surplus.

Comment

Correction

Originally posted by ringodingo View Post
                      I would lke to say that for my share of any surplus I will be more tan happy to let the Steeing Group decide how best to use the surplus.
                      more than happy

Comment

Working...
                      X