• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the snow had largely melted by the time I went out just after half two, so my various excursions were uneventful as far as that was concerned. It's sunny now.

I went past the scene of last night's explosion at the junction where they've got the road closed - not for gawping purposes, but because it's the fastest route around the city to get from Halfords (where I went to get a snow shovel, just in case) to Sainsbury's. They've got white material over the barriers to prevent gawping while you're waiting at the lights, but just after that is a row of TV news crews all eager to film anything that might happen, so the barriers are unshielded there. Anyway, I was too busy getting across the junction to have a look.

Oh, and before that I went past the scene of an altercation that led to a chap being stabbed to death last Friday night. It's all happening over that part of town at the moment

Anyway, I seem to have done my shopping and got the car booked in for its MOT on Friday, which were the main things

Comment

Late lunch of an omelette with pancetta

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Late lunch of an omelette with pancetta
        Lunch? - you've warped into another spacetime old son

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Lunch? - you've warped into another spacetime old son
          Yes, it was very late

Comment

And for tea, a rack of ribs and chips

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              And for tea, a rack of ribs and chips
              Gammon steak, chips and peas here, and a nice Rioja

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Gammon steak, chips and peas here, and a nice Rioja
                Good stuff, gammon

Comment

Just popped out the back, and it's cold

Anyway, back to ClientCo in the morning, so I'd better get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin layer of snow out there, but it doesn't look like it should be any problem

Still a pain to have to go out in the cold and scrape it off the cars, though

Comment

Morning all

A fine dusting of snow overnight topped up yesterday's fall, still not much, but it was freezing on the dog walk earlier. Lovely calm morning, though.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X