• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If it's a car you don't use that often, or the battery doesn't hold its charge well, get one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Solar-Po...Y?ref=ast_p_ep
    Yes, I should treat it to one of those

EDIT: ah, but 1989 Fords don't come with EOBD connectors

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, I should treat it to one of those

EDIT: ah, but 1989 Fords don't come with EOBD connectors
      it comes with croc clips too, but mine didn't work too well on my bike :-(

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        it comes with croc clips too, but mine didn't work too well on my bike :-(
        It's not really feasible to run croc clips from the solar panel in the passenger compartment to the battery in the engine compartment, I don't think.

Comment

Because there's not many left..

Because nobody gets rid of an Orion Mk II 1.6i Ghia voluntarily
          https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search

Comment

Spot the peak round 1989: https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicl...i#!manufacture

Comment

Because nobody gets rid of an Orion Mk II 1.6i Ghia voluntarily
              They are forced to when they get sectioned.

"Monday links from the labotamy chair".....

Comment

I think CUK might be about to enter a new golden age......

Comment

It's not really feasible to run croc clips from the solar panel in the passenger compartment to the battery in the engine compartment, I don't think.
                  They are fairly thin wires so you can run them out the door when closed and in the bonnet.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    They are fairly thin wires so you can run them out the door when closed and in the bonnet.
                    I see there are some similar appliances that work through the fag lighter socket too. I'll have to get one and experiment to see what works best.

Comment

I see there are some similar appliances that work through the fag lighter socket too. I'll have to get one and experiment to see what works best.
                      I think this came with a lighter socket attachment, I can't remember (would need to dig up the other cables - the only one we used was the EBOD). The other thing is - don't buy any other one apart from this. There's lots of others not he market, but the AA one is the only one that works well.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X