• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to make like a voodoo doll

Comment

Morning all.

Had to drop this missus into work this morning as she is going out with some workmates this afternoon and wants drinkies.

Bit wet on the roads this morning, dried up now though and the Sun's out

Easy day today, got ahead of myself already - must pace myself more before I run out of work.
      Last edited by Dark Black; 5 January 2018, 12:01.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Much confusion with the nurse, as whoever booked me in for blood tests had failed to specify which blood tests

When I pointed out that I'd recently had a double cabbage (CABG×2) it cleared things up slightly, but who knows if they're testing the right things now?

Being able to break my fast once the blood was drawn, I headed over to the cob shop for a bacon cob, only to find it closed. Hopefully they're just skiving after New Year rather than closed for good, but either way it means I now need to sort out breakfast myself

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

At least if I have to make it myself, I get to use smoked bacon

Comment

Time for a pot of tea, I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Time for a pot of tea, I reckon
                And very nice it was, along with an episode of The Rockford Files

Comment

just had a fish supper, frae the local chippy <under new management>.
                  excellent!
                  totally OTT with the chips portion.
                  the fox's will do well tomorrow

Comment

Dinner from the Chinese, and very nice it was

Accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops, which is suitably mindless entertainment whilst eating. It's on Channel 5 now, but - and I only found this out yesterday - the Channel 5 app on the Apple TV has no adverts! It's usually too annoying to watch their stuff online because not only does it have as many adverts as watching it when broadcast, it usually also only has two or three that are repeated every single time, and sometimes even played several times in succession during the same break. But for some reason, probably to do with Apple's rules about giving them a cut, there are none at all on the Apple TV

This also means I can watch NCIS: New Orleans advert-free, should I so desire. And a load of "documentaries" about how terrible poor/sick/fat people are, but I'll leave those to some of the regulars in General

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Dinner from the Chinese, and very nice it was
                      And now I keep thinking it's Saturday, because that's when I usually go to the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X