• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Today's the day the new Apple kit becomes available. Just went to the Apple site and ordered the Apple TV 4K for collection from the Apple Store in town, so now I've just got to wait for the email telling me it's ready and pop up to collect it
    And it's ready - just got the alert on my phone

However, I can tell from just the sound of the traffic outside that the rush hour is starting to get into full swing, so I'll leave it an hour or two before popping up there

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      It is a lovely morning. A1M closed at J47 - wherever that is, so I diverted through Leeds. Junction numbers on the M1 increase from North to South, increase further on the M1:A1 link road to the East of Leeds, drop down by 5 or so and then start to increase again on the A1M proper. So there are 2 J47's between where I spotted the warning sign and where I needed to jump off so I saved my self the taxing process of trying to fathom whether that was somewhere near Garforth, or somewhere near Knaresborough and diverted
      J47 is the Knaresborough, Harrogate / York junction....

J48 is Borobridge (divert for Morrisons if required - where Carrefour / Food Giant used to be)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The Dog (tw) is home. Room (kennel) rate is only £82 a night. But the amount of methadone she’s been taking outweighs that, might explain why she is off her face.
        ...but happy.

...like me.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The Dog (tw) is home. Room (kennel) rate is only £82 a night. But the amount of methadone she’s been taking outweighs that, might explain why she is off her face.
          ...but happy.

...like me.

Dogs on Methodone sounds like a new band
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Also - TFIF
            This +1!

Comment

Twitter is down across much of Western Europe

I might do something useful instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Twitter is down across much of Western Europe

I might do something useful instead
                Ah, it's back. Well, too late, as I'm getting ready to go to town now

Comment

once more, - with feeling:
                  'there's a bright golden haze on the meadow' ..............
                  if a tad chilly.
                  2 BB threads and ANOTHER car park thread in general.
                  can that eejit tie his own shoelaces?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    once more, - with feeling:
                    'there's a bright golden haze on the meadow' ..............
                    if a tad chilly.
                    2 BB threads and ANOTHER car park thread in general.
                    can that eejit tie his own shoelaces?
                    Yes, lovely and sunny on the way in here if a bit nippy.

On my way down the A453 I was able to admire the Trent valley shrouded in mist. Lovely

Comment

Question of the day... did I invoice the agent for August’s work?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X