• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash missing... suspect cleaner... how to handle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you tie the bait with an extremely long nylon thread so you can follow her home and kill her.

Comment

Leave £10 but write/sign your name on it with some sort of invisible ink, and/or make a note of the serial number(s).

You could go the extra mile and have pinhole cameras in some clock on wall or something.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Personally, I would be direct with the suspect.

There could well be an underlying issue such as a drink; gambling or drug addiction that means your cleaner needs extra money and you may indeed be able to help. Be aware of the situation and monitor your cleaner for the obvious indicators (unreliable, dishonesty, poor personal hygiene, red eyes and the like, reeking of wine, etc, etc, etc).

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Sh4g the cleaner.

KentPhilip

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            Leave £10 but write/sign your name on it with some sort of invisible ink, and/or make a note of the serial number(s).

You could go the extra mile and have pinhole cameras in some clock on wall or something.
            I was considering that but it seems a bit extreme. Can you also get booby-traps for this kind of situation?

How does writing in invisible ink or knowing the serial number help though... they spend it and nobody knows where it has gone?

I wonder if I could use a musical greeting card insert (you can buy them separately).
            Last edited by d000hg; 23 January 2013, 13:19.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just leave the laptop on with some kind of recording software or skype to watch it. Cleaners are not the brightest lot. I don't think you need to go down the route of pin hole cameras etc. Wireless webcam with light removed etc etc....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

cameras in the floorboards. if you don't find out who took the cash you can get some nice upskirt videos and sell them to pron sites to recover your cash.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Just leave the laptop on with some kind of recording software or skype to watch it. Cleaners are not the brightest lot. I don't think you need to go down the route of pin hole cameras etc. Wireless webcam with light removed etc etc....
                  What if she pinches the laptop this time?

Comment

This very-mini video camera:

cost me about £8 direct from China. Not amazing quality recordings, but good enough to be going on with; it records to a Micro SD card and has a motion-sensitive mode. Might be worth a punt?

Comment

If I was a cleaner and was nicking your cash, I wouldn't do it every time. And I'd only do it when you had a lot of notes so wouldn't notice one or two go missing.

So if you do set a trap, and the cleaner takes some more, what will you do? Confront them? Report them to the police?

Are you sure you didn't spend the money - it's easy to pay the window cleaner, pizza delivery boy etc, and forget you've done it?

Comment

Working...
                      X