• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Navigating a PSL for new inside contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an inside role tried using Clarity but the agency would not entertain it. Had to choose from their list which was fairly limited. Chose Danbro, they were ok got paid on time no issues...

Comment

Originally posted by ForBajor View Post
      Just got this PSL for umbrella companies for a new inside contract. Any of these need to be consigned to the bin?

Agent has said I cannot select outside of this list unfortunately, due to a compliance agreement. Which presumably is a good thing, apart from the restricted choice?
      APPpayeLtd
      Azebra Umbrella Ltd
      Clipper Contracting Group Ltd
      Crest Plus Ltd
      Danbro Ltd
      Exceed outsourcing ltd
      Exchequer Solutions Ltd
      Focused Consulting Ltd
      Giant Professional Ltd
      Green Lantern Trades Ltd
      JSA Services Ltd
      KPPES Ltd (My Key Pay group)
      N W M Solutions Ltd
      Orange Genie Cover Ltd
      Parasol Ltd
      Paystream My Max Ltd
      Sterling Solutions Umbrella Ltd
      I'd personally go with PayStream. Do not use Orange Genie, they are probably the worst ones out there.

Comment

Looking at the original list, I'm guessing that it came from Hays. I.e. it looks almost identical to the list that Hays sent me recently; the only difference is that my list didn't include Orange Genie, presumably because of the issues discussed here:
        Orange Genie - Skimming allegations - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Green Lantern Trades Ltd GREEN LANTERN TRADES LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Accounts overdue by 21 months - and active proposal to strike off.
        The list that I received had 3 columns: name, website, and phone number. In this particular case, there seems to be a mismatch:
        * The name is "Green Lantern Trades" (company number 11297635). Using eek's link, their accounts are still overdue, 7 months later!
        * The website is "Green Lantern Group" (company number 12402471). Their accounts are up to date:
        GREEN LANTERN GROUP LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

I don't know whether there's any link between the 2 companies. If you are considering them, it's certainly worth asking the agency to confirm which company is on the PSL.

If this is Hays, be aware that you don't have to use an umbrella from their PSL, although the agent will strongly recommend it. Ask your preferred umbrella whether they can deal with the agency, and you might get lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X