• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Navigating a PSL for new inside contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating a PSL for new inside contract

Just got this PSL for umbrella companies for a new inside contract. Any of these need to be consigned to the bin?

Agent has said I cannot select outside of this list unfortunately, due to a compliance agreement. Which presumably is a good thing, apart from the restricted choice?
    APPpayeLtd
    Azebra Umbrella Ltd
    Clipper Contracting Group Ltd
    Crest Plus Ltd
    Danbro Ltd
    Exceed outsourcing ltd
    Exchequer Solutions Ltd
    Focused Consulting Ltd
    Giant Professional Ltd
    Green Lantern Trades Ltd
    JSA Services Ltd
    KPPES Ltd (My Key Pay group)
    N W M Solutions Ltd
    Orange Genie Cover Ltd
    Parasol Ltd
    Paystream My Max Ltd
    Sterling Solutions Umbrella Ltd
    Last edited by ForBajor; 18 October 2022, 11:48.

Use the google search method to search the forums. We get asked this a bit and there is some feedback on some of the ones you list. You also might find information on their pension offerings which tends to be the most important bit for a lot of people.

Go to google and type <umbrella name> site:forums.contractoruk.com

and it will find all posts where that particular brolly was mentioned. Some posts can be a bit old so check the dates on the post.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agent has said I cannot select outside of this list unfortunately, due to a compliance agreement. Which presumably is a good thing, apart from the restricted choice?
      Yes but no. Compliance tends to mean who is giving them kick backs rather than a true test of how good the brolly is. The main brolly most us would recommend is Clarity Umbrella but being small they are struggling to get on these lists due to them not giving kickbacks which is a real shame.

I'd also not trust their compliance. People have been pushed in to no compliant umbrellas by agencies in the past but thats a different discussion.

Personally I'd call Lucy at Clarity Umbrella and see if she's got her teeth in to your particular agent already. Clarity could already be in the process of being added and if so I'd push for Clarity. If they aren't then Lucy could start the process with them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nice set of kickbacks there - clue is in the Paystream My Max ltd option (i.e. the expensive option with minimum extras).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Green Lantern Trades Ltd GREEN LANTERN TRADES LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Accounts overdue by 21 months - and active proposal to strike off.

I would go back to the agent - ask them when they last checked that list and state that as the list is mainly FCSA umbrellas would I be correct in saying that the compliance rule states any FCSA umbrella and then speak to Lucy at Clarity.

Otherwise I would seriously look at hunting for another contract - that list is bad.

Could go through the rest of the list to highlight problems but its too painful to do so and probably hits NDAs without me thinking.
          Last edited by eek; 18 October 2022, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Green Lantern Trades Ltd GREEN LANTERN TRADES LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Accounts overdue by 21 months - and active proposal to strike off.

I would go back to the agent - ask them when they last checked that list and state that as the list is mainly FCSA umbrellas would I be correct in saying that the compliance rule states any FCSA umbrella and then speak to Lucy at Clarity.

Otherwise I would seriously look at hunting for another contract - that list is bad.

Could go through the rest of the list to highlight problems but its too painful to do so and probably hits NDAs without me thinking.
            Thanks. I've just done a quick check of all of them on FCSA and looked at the CH entries for each. This has thinned the list down; Exchequer, Giant, Paystream, Sterling.

Going to do some googling on these, and ask the agent about the list. I note Clarity getting a lot of good press on this forum, so will give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by ForBajor View Post

Thanks. I've just done a quick check of all of them on FCSA and looked at the CH entries for each. This has thinned the list down; Exchequer, Giant, Paystream, Sterling.

Going to do some googling on these, and ask the agent about the list. I note Clarity getting a lot of good press on this forum, so will give them a call.
              Your search hasn't been that great Exchequer have a £11m HMRC tax bill to pay for wrongly allowing expenses to be claimed in 2015 through 17.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Your search hasn't been that great Exchequer have a £11m HMRC tax bill to pay for wrongly allowing expenses to be claimed in 2015 through 17.
                Dang. My search clearly slower than yours. Have been googling and found that and some other useful links for the others...
                https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/121106-sterling-umbrella-avoid.html
                https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/146509-exchequer-solutions-owes-%C2%A311m-in-unpaid-taxes.html
                https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...ml#post2717942
                https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/140214-parasol-vs-giant-vs-paysteam-which-one.html

Comment

Originally posted by ForBajor View Post

Out of those I've only used Paystream (more then once and currently with them) and haven't had any issues at all, literally none.

Comment

Been with Paystream on an inside contract for a year and had zero problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X